• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Looking for pics of an 82-series SGT with a HARD cab

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Just like the title says, I'm looking for pics of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 82-series "Super" tractors with a HARD cab installed.

They seem to be somewhat of an ODD combination.

I've seen plenty of CYCLOPS SGT tractors, and "regular" 82-series GARDEN tractors with a hard-cab, but not so much on the earlier 82-series "SGT" Cubs.

Do they exist?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Art A

Do a search for Kent Wood from Prince Edward Island . He installed a Cab on his super that he got in the US. Hope this is what you need.
thumbsup_old.gif

There's a guy on the Only Cub Cadets forum that has one on an 1872, but I think it was originally on a GT. He had to modify the right brake pedal to clear the side of the cab.

I'm kinda curious, too. I'd like a cab for my 1872, but I guess I'll probably have to build one. I have the roof and windshield from some sort of hard cab, I can't remember what brand. Sims, maybe.

Thanks for the thoughts so far guys... These cabs seem to be somewhat rare.

Matt-
I have a 2072 I'd like to put a HARD cab on. Like you elude to, the SGT cab would have to be longer than a standard Garden Tractor cab. It looks like Sims made the doors on these cabs longer. That's a nice looking cab Kraig posted. Lots of "greenhouse" glass on it!

Art, you could always make one. Just don't make it like this one...
219740.gif

219741.jpg

I liked one of the options...'defroster for roof mounted flasher'...Art, you really dont intend to stand on the roof of your Cub do you ? ?
bottom.gif
censored.gif

Allen-
LOL! Well, if I do, I'll make sure I never turn toward the EAST so you won't have anything to worry about...
clown.gif

Kraig-
You know me, I would NEVER build something so U-G-L-Y. Mine would have LOG-CABIN SIDING!
biggrin.gif

Art -

Wish I had a hard cab pix for ya. Kraig, I remember that picture! that was the first Uglicub picture, from Somerset! Over 10 years ago now.

Craig, yep, that was taken at Marv's Consignment along highway 35/64 which is now County Road VV since Highway 35/64 was rerouted. The date stamp on the file says March 18, 1999.

Art-

I'm reviving this because my dad just found me a 782 with a Sims cab like this one installed. After talking about it over the phone, we think the front of it is sitting too far forward on the tractor, making me think it's meant for a super, but I'm not sure because I haven't seen pictures of it yet. I'm curious to see how it compares to the photos in the brochure that Kraig posted.

Did you guys notice the fenders on the tractor of the Sims cab pic? They look like flat top fenters. I wonder if Sims sent along new fenders with cab??

Here it is...looks just like the one in the picture. Tom, it appears those things you speak of are part of the cab.

223062.jpg

223063.jpg

It also came with a Brinly plow, sleeve hitch adapter, and 44" deck, and possibly a spare hood, too.

223146.jpg

Not sure if this will work but I think that this was a cab for a super that i put on my 1712. It's for a newer super but it bolted right up. I might be wrong and if I'm please tell me. But I think that the rear finders are the same between a stander cub and a super. The different in leight is between the fenders and dash. This cab want right on. The only thing that I had to change was the rear hangers. They were to mount to the side of the rear, but because of the three point. I had to chang them.

Matthew, do you have any additional photos/views of your hard cab? Were there any identifying marks on it for brand? It looks like Cub Cadet on the canvas doors?? What other HARD cabs (steel or canvas doors/curtains) were offered for the 82-series GT and SGT tractors besides the Sims cab?? Can't find any addtional offerings in the Allied Equip manuals....

OK, I found the actual Approved Allied Equipment catalog (not the Cub Cadet Attachment Guide....)
bottom.gif

I guess there were 2 Sims offerings (one all-steel and one with vinyl doors) and the Cozy Cab. I'm surprised Curtis or Haban didn't offer a cab??

... which leads me to still wonder who the manufacturer of that cab is on Matthew's CCC GT? It doesn't look like any of them.

Latest posts

Back