• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Look what followed me home

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to think of it, I haven't sat on this one either!
biggrin.gif

I thought about maybe restoring it, but after looking under it and seeing all those pulleys and who knows what all else, i'm wondering if I should just sell it.

I found this and hooking it to my 100 for planting seeds. Has anyone used these planters before?
299268.jpg

Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in.

300147.jpg

Jerry, that appears to be the one that Chris B. had for sale. Nice!
greenthumb.gif

Jerry, Are you missing the one you sent to ridott? lol

Kraig and Jeff
Yep and nope respectively. I always have ideas of fixing, painting and keeping a 169 to complete the series but those darn 149s keep getting in the way. Maybe this is the one! Keep tuned.

Jerry - I figured that 169 would disappear pretty quick because of the price even tho it sounded and looked like it needed a few things. I assume since you've had a lot of practice on the 149s that fixin the 169 will be a piece of cake. I suppose one thing you'll have trouble with is re-installing the "Maintenance Minder" hour meter. Heck, you gotta find one first, and then the little side panel with a hole for it.

Was wondering if you're gonna use the arm rests on the seat? They are one of those things I always wanted, and then when I finally did get them I decided I really didn't like'm. They get in the way of making a quick exit, etc.

I was also wondering if your K341A has 12 or 13 cooling fins on the block. And although Chris B mentioned it ran good does it still have those grenade gears installed?

Harry
I thought it was a fair price just looking at the pics in the ad considering what came with it. The deck has nice smooth spindles, and a box full of parts as well. The IH hour meter is there and the grill too. I have enough spares around to make it complete. Here's hoping Charlie gets some mufflers made. [13 fins]

Jerry "the Nines Ain't Wild Anymore" cause you're getting them all tamed. I know you got the 149's tamed, and you worked over a 109 and 129 so I assume they are tamed, and it won't be long before you have the 169 all tamed up.

Nice to see you got a 13 fin K341A. Are you planning to open it up and get a good look see at things? Maybe de-carbon and even toss out a couple extraneous gear thingamajigs? I still got em in mine cause I didn't know better when I rebuilt it back in 2001. Someday I'd like to toss out those balance gears and install Dave Kirk's crankshaft weight.

It might be wishful thinking about finding a 169 muffler, but I have always thought someone else must have used the same muffler on their tractor. 4005 IHCC 169's just aint a whole lot for a standard production. Have you nosed around any other places like Gravely or A/C Simplicity or Power King? I think the K341A was in production for at least a year or 2 before IHCC used it so I'd almost bet someone else used the same muffler.

By the way, that's a lot of rototiller hanging off the back of your 109 in your profile pic. I see you put a hydraulic lift on the 109 too. Does it handle the tiller well? Do you just have to hold the tractor back with the brakes?

Ooh, and one other thing on the 169 - we'd like to see more pics and some close ups too. And you need to update Art A. with your 169 Serial Number and the K341A Serial number, and that it's a 13 fin. He's keeping a running tally of how many are still around and the month they were built, etc.

Picked up a 2072 yesterday from a friend who prefers the green colored machines. Came with a two stage snow blower and a 50" deck
300251.jpg

Uh-oh... 127 w/ Snowblower. Fella at April2 Auction said he had one and didn't want it. It's mine now. Locomotiveman Tom

303401.jpg

Tom your going to like that 127, good machines and kinda rare, you don't see a lot of them.

The 127 seems A-OK. Runs OK, steers OK. Hydro good. Gas poured outa the Carb...so I shut off petcock while loading it. We shall see. Locomotiveman Tom

303421.jpg

Here's the TAG from the 127's engine. Tractor has a good readable tag also. Locomotiveman Tom

303424.jpg

Back