• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Little Big Tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glen nice jod on that tractor i like the rear fenders thinks for give me i good idea think adout making up a set for my pulling tractor

Glad to help Steve. Im hopefully gettin my new nosecone in today, still havent quite figured out how I want to go about making the 1466 style insert for it. I'll post pictures once I get it all back together

Glen - How tall and wide is the insert going to be ?
What do you need the thickness to be ? What's the thinnest part you can get away with in the thinnest section ?

Glen - I thought about helping you with your insert since I have built many fiberglass molds from nothing to finished boat and done a lot of custom aluminum casting making patterns and designs from an idea to finished product ... but I see you don't need any help since you didn't answer my questions about it's size.

My apologies Ken, we lost a family friend wednesday and I havent really been keeping up with my all my online activity in any detail trying to figure out whats going on with all the arrangements and such. I understand if you dont want to help, really. I want it to be flush with the front and back of the nosepiece (so my headlight baffle plate rests against the back of the insert and so that it lines up with the outer edges on the front of the nose piece just like the one for the large internationals does, basically just that insert scaled down is what I eventually hope to achieve. Unfortunately Im also out of work and trying to track down another job so the cubbie customization will have to take a small back seat again for a little while. Later tonight when I get back home I'll post the dimensions as precisely as I can with the limited equipment I have here at home. Any instruction on mold making for fiberglass would be very appreciated, Ive been wanting to try my hand at that for a while, and I think with enough prep and planning I might be able to gob something together thats halfway decent lookin
biggrin.gif

Glenn C. For now you just take time for your family and yourself. Losing a family friend is still a major loss. We'll be here for you. Hang in there. You will find a good paying job and things will get better.

Thank you Marlin, things havent been on the optimistic side here lately, so its nice to hear some encouragement. Cub'll get there, just gonna take some thinking and work. Ill keep everyone posted. Cheers
beerchug.gif

Ive been pondering my nosecone insert with great intensity lately, and pow! it hit me like a downtown bus. Ive got some thick insulation foam sheet (the thick pink/blue Styrofoam stuff) and I can layer a couple pieces up to fill and match the angles and curves of the center of my nose piece, then carve the center out and then sand and shape it, cover it in plastic or perhaps the aluminum duct work tape I have and then paint it or lay fiberglass over it like a mold and then fill the mold with epoxy like weatherproof/glass filled electronics (base of a strobe light for example). May not be the most durable piece (if left as foam alone, and the paint will eat it if not covered by something) but until I hit the lottery and can afford a small CNC machine and programming to cut one from a block of aluminum it might just work! What do yall think? I could also attempt to make the foam piece out of solid wood instead but itd take more work, however it would be more suitable if I tried the sand casting route. Still dont know anyone with enough aluminum and a forge nearby tho.

Ive also been contemplating how to go about making a vertical air cleaner for my kohler, as much as I like the side draft setup, to really give my cub that true little big tractor look it needs something sticking through the hood other than the muffler, my current plan tho is to upgrade to the 169 style deep air cleaner simply because I like the way they look as well.

Kinda like this one, I dont remember whose it is, and I was only able to find this picture of it when I posted it years back. Merk I believe was the name I put with it. Is it a functional air cleaner or a dummy? I cant honestly tell.

board-post.pl

Lets try that again. For whatever reason, my computer ate the first one. Anyhow I want to do something similar to this at some point, even tho I hate cutting another hole in my nice new painted hood. It'll go behind my muffler. Is the air cleaner on this one functional? Looks like it but I cant honestly tell.

229201.jpg

Heres some glory shots of the 21466 mini, running proud and looking good in the yard. Still working on straitening out some crooked lines, detailing the paint thats already got some chips and scratches, and constantly modifying it. Eight lug wheels and smoothed out nose cone insert are the most recent mods, the wheels were a fun project even tho the spacing is a little off, didnt notice until it was too late unfortunately. I think the bigger V61's on those rims (if i can muscle em on there) will really beef up the front stance and level it out some. Cant wait to get em. Enjoy fellas, Lemme know what you think. Next upgrades. IH style weight bracket, making the rear wheels look more like big tractor wheels(yellowing out the lug nuts and installing the "shaft" axles from Xtreme Motorworks, along with the 18*8.50 V61 tires. Brad Datisman was kind enough to fax me a copy of his decals and their dimensions the other day, so they are soon to come as well.
229966.jpg

229967.jpg

229968.jpg

229969.jpg

229970.jpg

229971.jpg

229972.jpg

229973.jpg

229974.jpg

229975.jpg

Glen that thing is awesome! I really love the way that thing is turning out. Hey, if you are interested in selling those tri ribs i would like to get a set for my Cubbie if they are the right size?! Have you ever thought about putting LowBoy front spindles and wheels that have multiple bolts in them? I think it would look pretty good with your big rig setup. Otherwise, drilling holes through the rims and placing bolts to look like they hold the rim on would be my next choice. When can you build one for me
biggrin.gif
?

Actually they are 1/4"*20 bolts and mylar locknuts through the wheels so theyre just missing the hub, thought about upgrading to cub or lo-boy spindles but theyre five lugs and its hard to space them out to get eight like the big 1*66-86 internationals. I will be selling my 16*6.50*8 firestones with the corresponding tubes once I get my V61's in and installed, keep an eye out in the classifieds, Ive got all sorts of goodies leftover that I dont need. Thanks for the compliments btw guys, really.

What is the two piece bracket held on by three bolts on the front for?

That bracket holds my non IH snowblade on the front of the tractor, its from a smaller MTD lawn tractor that couldnt push it well so dad and I rigged it to fit my cub back when I first got it

Ok guys, at another crossroads here with the 1466 mini...should I drill and tap my rear wheels to make em ten lug/solid like this 1566?

230036.jpg

Or fashion a Kurt Smith style insert to go with the spline axle shafts like this 1466?

230037.jpg

I think the ten lug rears would be easy enough and be functional (not that it really needs ten, but, you know, my attention to detail is killing me, so much I wanna do to it...might end up with an actual 1466 when Im done
biggrin.gif
)
But the inserts would also look nice in my stock wheels (theyre a little small in diameter in proportion with the big tractors but I still think either would look good when I add the axle shafts around Christmas (my gift to me haha)

Latest posts

Back