• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Just purchased 1811 pictures

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvillaluz

displayname
jose Villaluz
I posted an inquiry about mounting a hitch to this tractor, thought I'd share some pics of it. I kind of went into this tractor thing blind but thought this one looked good. I know less than any newbie but can usually tell a well taken care of piece of equipment from one that isn't. This one came with a VERY long list of service items for this spring.

190274.jpg

190275.jpg

190276.jpg

190277.jpg

190278.jpg

190279.jpg

190280.jpg

190281.jpg

190282.jpg

190283.jpg

190284.jpg

An MTD Cub Cadet with an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> sticker wearing Bolens wheel weights
dizzy.gif

No wonder it had such a high "spring tuneup" bill ... they had to work on 3 different models !

If it's in top condition you'll like it, I like my 1882.

The guy I bought it from had only owned it a short time. He bought it from the original owner who he also happened to be buying a house from. When he first came to look at the house he asked the owner if he could make the tractor a part of the home purchase which the owner at first declined. When they finally when to closing, they worked something out. It has always been stored indoors and both owners prior to me spared no expense in upkeep., but you'd think they would have bought the correct wheel weights. That is going to drive me slightly nuts so I'll need to find CC ones before long. As for the IH stickers and grill badge I don't understand the reference but gather that they are out of place for a reason I'm not sure of... Need to clean it up a little more.

Jose,

The reference is that in 1982, the IH Corporation sold off the Cub Cadet Division to the MTD corporation (the same ones that make Yard Machines, Yard Man, the stuff you get a Wally-World or the big box "hardware" stores). The 1811 is a CCC (Cub Cadet Corporation, a wholy owned subsidary of the MTD Corporation) produced this model. Instead of having the IH "man on a tractor" logo on the grill and below the seat, it should have an Interlocking CCC logo. Take a look at a manual you have for it, it should be on there. It is a close cousin to the IH Red "82 Series" Cub Cadets and draw a number of parts that are of IH design, however this is not an IH Cub Cadet as you would think, it is a few years too new for that.

However, you have a very nice looking machine and it should have most of the capabilities of an IH CC. One thing that I like, even thought it is not original, is the black accent stripe outlining the bulge on the side panels, kinda sets them off. The original color would have been all white.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me it sure appears that you have front remote couplers (hydraulic quick connects) which would mean you actually have a model 1812! Cool...nice looking tractor.

it does have the duel handel for the two spool hydrolic valve but could have been added, reguardless a good machine, and the Bolens weights look to be of the 50# insted of cub 25# better imo but just not org. no biggie and with turff tires the extra weight will help a ton

Latest posts

Back