• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Is there a 2stage snow blower to fit 782D or 1650?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mames

displayname
Mark Ames
I am looking at buying a 782D but it has the single stage snow thrower, I already have a 1650 with the same snowthrower and I need something that will work better. I live in North Dakota and sometimes we can get a lot of snow. Is there a 2 tage snow blower one with a impeller that will fit a 782D?

Yes there is an available 2 stage for the 782d. Go to the parts lookup for a 782d and select attachements it's give a decent list there. One of the guys here may be able to show you a brochure of available attachments as well

I was getting poor performance out of my single stage thrower for a while last year. It was a bit rusty and would only throw snow about 10 feet. I took the auger out of it and sanded all the rust (and paint) out of the auger housing and shoot. Then I waxed the bare metal with turtle wax, put it all back together and was throwing snow almost 30 feet.

before you say "yeah but I get a lot of snow in N. Dakota" we had almost 100 inches in december alone here in Chattaroy WA (Just norh of Spokane) and one snow fall was 26 inches in 15 hours.

I'm not saying that a 2 stage blower isn't a good thing. I'm just saying a single will throw almost anything if it's well maintained and waxed really well.

-everettdale

the 2 stage is taller in front, and will grab a deeper cut of snow, something a 1 stage has trouble...

There is the model 450 two stage snow blower. Or the single stage H42 and H48 snow throwers that have a higher auger housing opening then the QA42B. Here's the info on the H42/H48.

153705.jpg

153706.jpg

And yes, if you have any rust on the inside of the auger housing and or discharge chute a single stage snow thrower will not perform very well. I use graphite paint on my QA42 and it performs very well.

Mark A I've used Model 551(made for Cyclops series,I think ) on my 882 it works OK. But last year I put the speed up mod on my QA42a thrower along with my front housing height increaser. I prefer it -- lighter & easier to mount, especially without power steering. And throws nearly as far as the 551. Also a friend has a 1811 w/ a 451 2 stage thrower...

Back