I'm new here

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitchell

displayname
steve mitchell
i'm new here but i have a few good cubs i have an oringinal,2 126s,782,982,an a spirt of 76 that is all apart i'm redoing it i have the hood an fenders painted mower deck an rims are next

the original is the newest one i got i got it running it has a wheel horse plow on it it also has the 2 speed rear its a 4 didgit ser #

Steve: Welcome!
groupwave.gif
happy.gif

Welcome! I too am restoring a Spirit of 76 with the kids. We'll have to keep in touch on that.

I love the 782's here. Own a yellow one but wish it was red. Thought of painting it red like an old 560 or 806 like we had on the farm.

Enjoy!

i hope to have the 76 done for the summer it has been on hold for a bid do to child custdy

i'm from pa does any one know of places to get parts in pa i need some stuff

i have had lots of guys email me for the front grill suport you guys have helped me alot so far thanks for all the help

Welcome Steve,
Sounds like you have a awesome line up there!Why dont you post som pics here of them,I along with others would love to see them!!A 782 AND a 982 wow lucky man!
I would love to have a original! Im not real experienced with the differences in cubs,Whats the two speed Rear in the O?I saw someone post about a creeper with Over drive and under drive is that what you have?The person said thats realy rare!

Steve, theres a guy in Pa, his place is called Patton Acres, he is an hour or so south of Erie. I'm not sure how to get a hold of him, but I'm pretty sure someone on here does.

jason yeah that is right with the rear on the o they all need work the o runs the 982 runs with the wrong motor one of the 126s is all done for pulling an the other one runs the spirit is all turn apart an the 782 i had to rewire an needs some things the hydro lines the rag joint an some other stuff an the 782 an 982 are red

Hey all I'm new here and I'm having a bit of trouble nav. the site. I have a quick question. I have a 128 series. We are suppose to get a lot of snow but the tires I have on the mower are to smooth for snow and I was wondering will a ten inch rim fit on the rears of the 128? Currently I think they are 12's. Any help would be great. I have a plow for the tractor but can't get far with the current tires. I was going to try to switch out the tires with 4 wheeler tires but the rims on those are 10's. Thanks!!

Jeffrey; I don't think so. You would have to buy different wheels, And you would be setting your tractor lower to the ground. Your weights wouldn't work. If you use it to mow with it would get the mower to low in the back. You might be money ahead to put a add in the wanted section or go to the sponsor links above and get some correct size tires. Also you probally would get a better responce on this from the more knowledgegable guys in the main topic at the top of the page.

Jeffrey - Like Luther says, IF You can find wheels to fit on the hub of Your 128 that have 10" dia rims to fit the ATV tires You should be able to run them. ATV & Cubbies use totally different hubs from all the ATV's I've ever seen. You couldn't run any stock rear wheel weights. I'd try to find tire chains to fit the tires You have. There's several places to order them on the Internet, "Tirechains.com" is one, Gempler's in another.
There's posts on the main forum where people are having good luck plowing snow with ATV tires but they're buying tires that fit the stock 12" CC rim diameter. The 12" dia rim is pretty much a constant for this size of lawn & garden tractor.

well got chains and tractor worked well, then took a complete dump. The clutch wasn't working well then mid way through plowing the snow something poped and the tractor is now stuck in gear, can't get it started and I can't even push it out of the way. When I push the gear shift into 2 or 3 gears the lever moves as if it is in neutral. I can't get reverse and I can't get neutral. Anyone have any ideas?? My guess is I blew up the trans.

Latest posts

Back