ID this engine

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim - you confused me a bit. As far as I know the Kohler AQS engines used in all the Quiet Line tractors had 1" diameter crankshafts. Are you saying some later units had 1.125"?

Sorry Harry, You are correct about them being the 1.00" diameter. I got myself confused because I had to do a crank swap in my QL and had to use the only spare I had, a 1.125" so I needed to change the clutch components.

The mind gets all confused by that.
bash.gif

Has the Peerless trans. Been real busy, hope to get to it this weekend after I pick up a Dear John tractor for my nephew. What can I say.
shame.gif

Jim - well...ok, you said you're sorry, so I guess I'm no longer confused. But now I think Tom is confused. We're talking about the engine, and asking him to check the crank diameter, and he's talking about the rearend being Peerless. Boy am I glad this is a clean site. Someone may not realize what we're talking about.

HARRY - I'm worrying about TOM too.... his Nephew appears to be going to the DARK Side!

Tom - did you ever confirm what engine this was??? And if you did which one is it and how did you confirm??? Geez, ya gotta give us the feedback so we know.
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back