• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from SoCal!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Cody Crowley and I am a member of the Western Antique Power Associates club in the region. I had been looking for a smaller tractor to restore for use around the house and to take to shows. A fellow club member had a Cub Cadet 100 and gave it to me as a first time project. I got it home yesterday and am looking forward to doing a full restoration on it! I’m already making a list of the items missing on it or need repair (i.e. three point hitch lift lever, clutch assembly, poorly welded steering linkage repair), but I think once I source the items (with the help of this forum no doubt), I will have a good complete base to work with.

Attachments

• C4CCE07F-E509-4A3B-84D3-CCF95911D718.jpeg
    C4CCE07F-E509-4A3B-84D3-CCF95911D718.jpeg
    704.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 09EFB5D8-7252-452E-864D-05AF533D1610.jpeg
    09EFB5D8-7252-452E-864D-05AF533D1610.jpeg
    596.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2013.jpeg
    IMG_2013.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2014.jpeg
    IMG_2014.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2015.jpeg
    IMG_2015.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Made a little progress on the Cadet 100, I acquired a good used front axle and spindle set, and a rebuilt clutch unit. Just need to find the lift lever and associated linkage (the ones on eBay are out of my budget right now).

cody: if you haven’t yet written your letter to santa, you could ask him for a hydraulic lift kit for your 100.
my 100 sports the manual lift lever, but i’d rather have a hydraulic lift (especially when blading snow).
whatever your budget ultimately allows, at least aim to acquire the helper-spring for your lift lever.
and rather than eBay, I’d highly recommend this site’s sponsors for any & all Cub parts. Houtz is one, CC Specialties another. good resources!
best wishes and happy Cubbing,
-CӞ 🚜💨

Luckily, Santa came early and I found a used lift lever courtesy of Rob Houtz (great suggestion!). I also found a used lever quadrant which was also missing on my tractor. I managed to take the wheels off yesterday and put it on jack stands, so hopefully it will be quick work starting the disassembly.

Attachments

• IMG_2110.jpeg
    IMG_2110.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2116.jpeg
    IMG_2116.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back