• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from an 1863 that wants to be an 1864

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Olson

Hi there,

My name is Dale and I have had my 1863 since 1998. It has an interesting history, it was bought new in 1994 by Toro as a "competitor evaluation" unit and Toro once a year tries to sell these units off when they are done with them. If they don't sell, back in the warehouse they go. I got mine from a dealer after Toro had it for a few years. I did find some evidence of the tractor having been dug into after I had it home. It came with the 48" mower deck and I picked up a snow blower as well. It has been a good unit overall, I did have to replace a head when I dropped a valve when the cooling fins got plugged with grass clippings and I didn't catch it. When I got a zero-turn mower the Cub became a dedicated snow machine with a cab. No more swapping attachments, YEA!

However, due to physical issues, I would like to convert it to power steering. Based on what I have researched, because I have a power lift, it shouldn't be too difficult to do, as I am pretty handy.

Is there a complete parts list or parts source that anyone would like to recommend?

Thanks much, looking forward to being a part of this community.

Back