• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Heavy Duty Front Axle Spindles

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsarow

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Dean W.Sarow
I'm reading here numerous discussions and comments hd spindles.I have the 3/4 on my 125.Guys talk about the 1inch size.Is that an entirely different axle from mine,or do they have that machined out to one inch?Then Hd.spindles,larger bearings and new rims?Is that what you would do if an axle was way out tolerance?Just trying to learn a bit.Thanks Guys.

Dean, the 125 and other narrow frames use a different front axle and spindle setup than the wide frames do. Here's some comparison photos of a narrow frame axle and wide frame axle:

Narrow frame top, wide frame bottom:

WF-NF_Axles_01.jpg

Wide frame top, narrow frame bottom:

WF-NF_Axles_02.jpg

Note the difference in spindle height in the axle, narrow top, wide frame bottom:

WF-NF_Axles_Spindle-Height_01.jpg

Here's some with the spindles attached, wide frame foreground, narrow frame background:

WF-NF_Axles_Spindles_01.jpg

Different angle, wide frame foreground, narrow frame background:

WF-NF_Axles_Spindles_02.jpg

Thank you Kraig for posting those pictures.It would of been very hard to explain,but even harder for me to figure all the difference. Thanks again,if a picture is worth a thousand words,I got five thousand.

Latest posts

Back