• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Growing garlic

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl,
happy.gif

Kraig hows your garlic doing, mine is popping thru the ground about 4 inchs

Jeff, mine are up about 4 inches as well and looking healthy.

I harvested my garlic on Friday.
happy.gif
I still have two plants yet to harvest, the two cloves of unknown variety that I got from my brother. They are not quite ready to harvest.

316369.jpg

Garlic has finished curing. And I've already given away a couple dozen bulbs.

316601.jpg

Friday I harvested the two bulbs that were a different variety that I mentioned in my November 6th 2016 post. Interesting that this variety wasn't ready to be harvested until 3 weeks after the "German Extra Hardy" garlic. Also, both of these bulbs produced "scapes" something the German Extra Hardy has never done, at least for me. The German Extra Hardy have however on occasion produced "bulblets" a few inches above the bulb. Anyway, I look forward to sampling a clove or two of this variety. Most will get replanted as it might be worth growing just for the scapes.
dunno.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

316649.jpg

I went to the Midwest garlic fest two weeks ago ill take some pics of what I bought

Vince, you're welcome.
happy.gif
Where was the Garlic Fest located that you almost went to?

Well - there was a Bowling tournament in Dubuque, Iowa I was thinking of entering. There was a Garlic Fest 40 or minutes away from it into Illinois. But instead of going we bought a newer bigger camper... There was also a Garlic Fest west of the Twin Cities (Hutchinson maybe?) a week or 2 ago.

What in the heck is a garlic fest and what does one do there???

Is that a Yankee thing or something???

Back