• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Growing garlic

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff, very nice!
happy.gif

Here's a photo of the bulbs in the storage baskets. The basket on the right has the bigger bulbs that I save for replanting.

307575.jpg

Vince,
rofl.gif
Sure, you've been good to me in the past, shoot me an email with your mailing address and I'll send some to you.
happy.gif

Got my garlic planted today. 70 cloves in the near bed and 75 cloves in the far bed. EDIT: Oh, and two cloves of an unknown variety in the round plastic container. These two cloves I swiped from my brother
happy.gif
who got them from a friend of ours. Not sure if the friend grew them or got them at a farmers market but it was very nice looking garlic. My brother had it at the cabin a few weeks back and most of the garlic bulb ended up in the hash browns we had for breakfast and the two cloves that were not used went home with me.
happy.gif
happy.gif

310724.jpg

310725.jpg

310726.jpg

Maybe he's like Abe Lincoln and has a secret "hobby"...
err.gif

Marty, Earl, I give a bunch of it away and use a bunch of it. I've probably got too much on hand this year, probably should give some more away... (Need some?) The best bulbs are saved for replanting. When I break apart the bulbs that I've set apart for replanting, I only replant the best (biggest) cloves from those best bulbs. The smaller cloves from the best bulbs eventually get eaten in something.
drool.gif
I never use it all up before it starts to go bad by either drying out or sprouting. It'll store until around June of next year. Thankfully the harvest is in July so I don't go very long without garlic. FWIW, I've never seen a vampire around here.

I do like fresh garlic! Nice job Kraig! Going to have my own little garden next year, I might have to try it.

Marty, I don't eat that much of it.
happy.gif
If you'd like some, send me an email with your mailing address and I'll send you some.

Earl, if you'd like some, send me an email with your mailing address and I'll send you some to eat and If you have a small area prepped that you can plant some, now would be a good time to do so.

Kraig, there might be a clove or 2 left, she had the Garlic in a secret hiding spot, dry cool spot. I was surprised a week ago when we still had some. We ate a LOT of salsa in August-September, plus grilled broccoli with Garlic, n more.

I haven't had time to ready any garden beds yet. How long could garlic cloves keep if stored properly? That is an awesome offer Kraig!

Marty,
icon_eek.gif
Bummer.

Earl, they should keep until May, June or July depending on a few factors, mostly humidity and temperature. Best storage is cool and dry with good air circulation. I store mine in the big baskets seen in the photo at the bottom of the page. It wont keep long enough to plant next fall. I'll gladly send you some to eat now and next year, harvest depending, I can send you some to plant.
happy.gif

Hey Marty, 68 R/T Charger / UV headlights,,,
thumbsup.gif

310831.jpg

Should take care of that nasty allergy so you can enjoy some of Kraig's Delicious looKing Cloves!!!

Latest posts

Back