• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Getting her to run

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bschneebeli

displayname
Bill Schneebeli
Has a Briggs 11hp that I can not get started, It is pumping fuel out the carb something fearce, put a new carb on it and still pumps out fuel, have the needles set one turn out on the idle jet and one and a half out on the main and still pumps out fuel and will not start, any help before I give up and junk it

Bill S: you need to work on the needlle valve &/or the float.

Myron B

OK got it to run desent but now when I kick in the pto it strugles to run and puffs out black smoke, any ideas, I am thinking the solid state ignition, Thanks Bill.

Bill : Black smoke is an indicator of a carb with too rich a mixture. Please recheck your manual and set the main jet adjustment exactly as prescribed....If that doesn't do the trick, post again...By the way, I doubt it's the ignition b-u-t....

Myron B

OK any other ideas. adjusted carb again and have it set to the best of my ability, I am clueless.

Back