• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry H - nice looking garden spot, and some very black/rich looking soil too!

Unless it's just to muddy, I'm still planning on getting started in my garden on April 19 - when the average temp historically is 70 deg F.

I got started a little early. My potatoes are starting to come up. The peas and onions are about 3 inches high. Cabbage is ready to start growing. The seed bed has Tomatoes. cabbage, and sweet potatoes about 2 in. high.

I tried to get some early garden items in yesterday after church but it started raining just as I got everything ready to make the first row. This morning there was a 1/2" of snow on the garden! Maybe later this week.

no garden work here yet,,snowing right now outside

I spent Monday plowing and planting garden at home and my brothers garden. I spent yesterday watching it snow. Very unusual for this part of Tn. 24F here now so I will go out and spray the plants with water before the sun comes up and drives the frost in.

1 to 3" of snow forecast for my location today.
bash.gif
North of here near my family cabin the forecast is for up to 14" of snow.
feint.gif
Will this winter ever end?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I didn't want to start a new thread for this however I think it is an interesting bit of information on what happened to the Cub Cadet Yanmar tractor line. CLICK HERE. I'd love to have that little four wheel drive one. It would handle a tiller, plow or anything a gardener needed.
happy.gif

I have give the 100 and 102 and 124 a real workout this week. Our corn and potatoes, beans, peas and brother and sisters garden is now needing rain.
286194.jpg

Had our 1st picking of asparagus yesterday for lunch. SWEET SWEET SWEET!!!!

We could use a little shower also.

Tilled a big garden the other nite, a new one uugh!! Guy had his landlord drag a chizle plow through it early this spring and it was really rough. Once I saw it I darn near turned around and went back home, but......Why is it everyong wants a garden that is right on top of a land fill???

Same here at my place and today my wife put in 244 potatos. pics tommorrow

We are starting to enjoy the garden. Peas ,lettuce, onions, and small potatoes are now ready to eat.
287003.jpg

Lookin good Luther, I haven't put mine in yet, but with any luck today my onions and possibly a few other things will go in,

The rabbit are plating hell on my garden this year NEVER had that problem before. Looks like the Crossman will be getting a workout.

My neighborhood has a lot of rabbits but my dog keeps them out of the garden pretty good. So far he has killed 2 rabbits and 1 groundhog. The neighborhood cats take care of the field mice for me.

Latest posts

Back