• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
I figured I'd get things off to a start since the temperature has warmed-up around here for the day and sun is shining.

My goal this year - 2 gardens. 1 small one at the house and a large one at my Dad's camp.

One thing on the agenda this year is a fence around the large garden to keep the Deer and other critters out!

I'd like to build something that is both functional and easy on the eyes too. Thinking about burying some fence wire to keep the ground hogs from digging under the fence too.

Anyone ready for gardening in 2014 ?!?!?!?!

Anyone got some pics/ideas they can share with respect to a nice looking - yet functional garden fence?

You're a cruel man, Bill J.
happy.gif

266547.jpg

More freezing rain predicted for tonight to add to our Ice Fields.
bash.gif

Bill
My seed order went in today. Gonna try Sweetie seedless tomatoes this year. Anybody ever try them?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank c

lol so funny that you have all that ice and we have bare ground showing. The crocus have pushed there way up through the soil. bring on summer I`am ready for it.

In my day job, I drive one hour one way. Daylight at the end of day is a premium, so when December 22 hits and we get a few more minute a day of day light, I start getting excited - regardless of the temperature or weather. As far as I'm concerned, Spring has started and warm weather planning is underway!!!!!!

greenthumb.gif

Bill I need to get several gardens plowed before spring. I do look forward to getting the cubs busy. We will plant potatoes in late march or April. Frost will only delay potato growth a few days. We have taken about 75% of the work out of gardening with the little tractors. Jerry do you order tomato seeds or plants? I am getting tired of wally world and Lowes plants. I have built a seed bed to grow most of my plants this year.

No gardening happening here anytime soon. We got a fresh 5" or so of snow overnight and it's still coming down. Here's a photo I just took of my car parked outside my workplace. I'll be busy this evening clearing snow at the farm and at home.

266569.jpg

Luther
I have purchased both plants and seeds in the past. This is the first year I've heard about a seedless tomato so just have to try it! It's a packet of seeds that I found in the Burgess catalog.

I plowed 4 gardens yesterday. Was 78 degrees. Grass is getting green, and trees have buds. we will be planting as soon as it gets dry again. Supposed to get snow tonight.

well here is my garden today, out there just beyond the picnic table,,no tiller need yet

284463.jpg

I'm planning on April 19th for planting/starting my garden for 2014. That is the day the weather channel says historical average temperatures are 70 degs in my neck of the woods.

Luther....ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
KNOCK it OFF!!!
IHThumbsDOWN.jpg

I cant even SEE my garden!!!
Kinda like Jeff!!
wink.gif

Carolyn did get a box of seeds in the mail yesterday though!

I went out to the camp property where my big garden now resides and measured a 50 ft x 50 ft square. The plan is to put a fence around it with enough grass perimeter to allow a garden tractor to moldboard or till it from each (4) sides. Right now I'm thinking 10 ft per side. Is that enough turning/service space? I got plenty of room, but don't want to over do it!

My garden is still buried under a foot or more of snow and it's snowing this morning
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bill 10 ft should be enough. I like more so I don't have to back up at the ends but if you have steering brakes 10 foot works fine.

Potatoes, peas, onions, cabbage planted this week. Sweet potatoes bedded, and tomatoe seeds sewn.

Sorry Kraig, art, Kendal and Charlie but it was too nice not to. Put onions, taters, radishes and peas in yesterday. We're off and running!
285368.jpg

Jerry, here's a photo I took yesterday evening of the raised garlic bed in my garden. It's still resting under a layer of leaves. Note the snow in the background...
rolleyes.gif

285370.jpg

Latest posts

Back