• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vince, German Extra-hardy, aka German White. Most places that sell garlic for planting sell out early so get your order in ASAP.

Thanks Kraig!

Here's my tomato pic.

289217.jpg

BLTs for supper tonight, plus an extra plate of tomatoes!

Dug some spuds last nite. one row out of 6.
Most are medium to large baker size w/a few in the HUGE category!

Sweet corn is another story though. Did not get rain when it should have, (my fault for not watering) and we were gone a lot of the time when it should have all been picked so most of it will be making a trip through the 59A in a few more weeks.

289281.jpg

Pole beans are loaded, we put up 18 pts couple days ago w/more on the way. Froze a lot of them 2 weeks ago along w/snow peas last month. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out as we have always canned before and not frozen.

Read up on Irma Harding and how IH pushed their freezers back in the day by inventing her to spokes person that campaign.

Found some of these empty freezer paper boxes along w/sever part rolls of paper in an old house in MN we are clearing out for a friend.

289282.jpg

289283.jpg

DAVE - Irma sold my folks on an IH deep freezer. It was still pretty new when it got passed along, only about 20 yrs old IIRC. It's probably still running in someone else's basement.

About 14-15 yrs ago SON was working weekends at a local BIG chain appliance store a couple miles from home. One Sunday he calls, tells me to bring my truck over, he has a "surprise" for me. I back up to the dock, and he rolls over an IH fridge and we load it into my truck. I wait till he gets home from work to unload it. It was so heavy, took both of us. It still had all the interior drawers & shelves. It had spent too many years in some farmer's hay loft, lots of hay chaff, dust, & cobwebs. I took all the drawers out, some of the shelves, cut the elec wire to the compressor motor, but left the interior light hooked up. I've used it to store grease, oil, & filters ever since. The new freezers are SO much more energy efficient, but I suspect that old IH fridge would have kept pop & beer cold. I think the serial number tag said it was built in '52.

Finally got to digging potatoes today. About half of what we will harvest. These are kinebeck and Youkon gold. Dug the Pontiacs 2 weeks ago.
289574.jpg

Back