• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Garden 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more tomatoes. This is my 3rd picking, and I've picked the equivalent of 2 1/2 5 gallon buckets of the red beauties this summer. I've got mostly Romas, some Big Boys, and some delicious yellow cherry tomatoes. This is output from about 6 plants on my 3rd picking.

I get my stock from my neighbor who grew them from seed, and from Spring Meadow Farms, a local retail nursery. I've always had good luck with their annuals and bedding vegetables. I also grow them in a bed alongside the house that has a southern exposure. They get plenty of sun, and the eaves keep the plants from getting drenched, but the garden hose is right there. I work mulch into the soil, and start them out with Miracle-Gro, and follow up with some 10-10-10 once they are established.

168968.jpg

Several people asked about growing garlic this spring. I'm thinking now is the time to plant your 2010 garlic. Good luck and have fun.

Richard, good reminder! I'm still several weeks away from planting my garlic, although I suppose I could plant it just about anytime now. Typically, I plant it the last week in October. Basically, you plant it at about the same time as you would plant tulip bulbs in "your" area.

Kraig McConaughey,

I know you are right. We are having wet cold weather and maybe for another week. So maybe they can get those beds ready and seed stock ordered. Everyone who posted pictures of their gardens, thanks. And seeing the fruits of your labors was great too.
- Peace -

Pumkin picking time once again, and wouldn't you know it I gots more pumpkins than I need. The neighborhood kids will be happy again this season.
170301.jpg

170302.jpg

Lonny; That is what it is all about. I went and bought 20 pumpkins (cheap) to give the neighborhood kids. Makes them happy.

Latest posts

Back