• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Garden 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blanasa

displayname
Brian Lanasa
Here's a few pics from this years garden <font size="-1">(so far)
149617.jpg

Colliflower, 2 types of lettuce, onions</font>

149618.jpg

Garlic
baldguy.gif

149619.jpg

Romaine and Red Sails lettuce.

Planted tomato seeds in the basement this week

Brian, I have had to quit gardening because of thieves in my city garden. These pictures are a true pleasure to me. Keep em coming. BTW I started planting trees. Last winter I took a cone from a Sturgis? pine removed the seeds and put them in my freezer. I'm ready to plant them. Wish me luck.

Richard
That sucks about the thievery. I used to grow in containers at work and someone would get there early and harvest my tomatoes. I just hope that if you have to steal food, you need it more than I do.
Maybe you could grow flowers. You still get the fun of gardening and they're nice to look at.
Good luck with the trees.

Richard; i know what you mean about the thievs. Last year my brother and i grew corn to sell just to have a project. We sold 250 dozen ears then picked all we were going to keep and some thieves slipped in and got appr.50 doz. ears corn and two bushels beans. Our potatoes were closer for them but they didn't bother them or the tomatoes. I would give people all that stuff if they needed it. I think they took it to the dope dealer. Kind of glad i didn't catch them.

Brian, I had the same attitude about hungry people and so I grew extra just for those people. But the amount they took was just too much. Now I have Luther's opinion. They probably went to the dope man. And both they and I were lucky that I did not catch them. I would have gone to jail and if they survived they would have been in the hospital. And who needs all that? I do still grow some flowers and herbs. Just love to feel the earth in my hands. - Peace -

Here is an African violet I started. Hey, it's something.
beerchug.gif

149659.jpg

Richard - That African Violet is coming along real nice - they can be pretty moody, so you're doing a good job. I see you use your 104 to care for it. Must be pretty tight quarters in that pot! I can't tell if the 104 got really small or the pot and violet are huge.
bouncy.gif

149706.jpg

Luther, That's really beautiful. I think you got something to show at the fair a growing there.
thumbsup_old.gif

I get to go to Iowa in two weeks and get the little nieces. They love the garden and riding on the cub cadets. I have got them a garden and a flower bed to enjoy.

152191.jpg

152192.jpg

152193.jpg

I doubled the size of the garden this year. Tomatos are budding, corn is up and everything is a growing!

The table top garden I never meant to start. Still nothing from the pine tree seeds I planted. Maybe they'll pop next year.

152605.jpg

I had Potatoes, Mustard greens, Lettuce, Onions,and peas this weekend from the garden.
We went to Iowa last Friday and i sure enjoyed seeing all the farming and gardening going on there.

With more than 14 inches of rain in April and May and I'm guessin' at least 10 inches in June so far, things are growing well
153574.jpg

Problem is it's so muddy that I can barely walk in the garden to weed let alone run the tiller between the rows
153575.jpg

153576.jpg

First tomatoes.
153577.jpg

Garlic looks almost ready to harvest.
153578.jpg

Lettuce has bolted and onions are ready soon.

Brian L., looking good there. I am with ya on the rain! I will try to get a shot of the garden tommorow!

153618.jpg

153619.jpg

153620.jpg

153621.jpg

A couple shots of my "jungle" garden. Still planting to close together....

Todd,
You've got way better production than me. Must be that Eastern Shore soil.

Latest posts

Back