• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Diesel Swap?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jriccioni

displayname
Joe Riccioni
Hello everyone. New to this forum. So I've been looking at these 882/792 diesel tractors. I really want one but people are asking ridiculous prices for them. So I got to thinking....I have a kubota d600 that's sitting in an old Woods brand mower. Wondering what it would take to swap it into my 1812. Any insight or links to build threads would be great.

Thanks!

Joe, Some of the D600's out there have unique oil pans which may need changing to fit into the CCC framework. If it is same/similar to a Cub Cadet spec engine then the main concerns are the engine cradle/mounting brackets and hardware, the radiator and fuel tank. On the 882 the battery tray is in the engine compartment and fuel tank is under the fender pan.

Please study the parts illustrations in the parts link at the top of the page for details. In short, yes it can be done but if all new parts are needed to make the swap, cost and parts availability will be the issues.

Thanks for the input. I actually just aquired a 782 roller for free!!! That will be my base for this plan. I can fab my own motor mounts/oil pan, thats no prob. my one main concern is the electric pto. I want to make this a functional mowing machine. I would love if someone could post some good pics as to how they have this setup on the factory diesel tractors...

Just remember the engine is backwards. The water pump faces the rear of the tractor.

Joe the parts look-up should show how the pto is mounted and give you a idea how it hooks-up. Also you can go under the manuals look-up and see if it shows the pto set-up. If you need pictures I have a 782D that I can try to get pictures and send them to you.

Joe Riccioni

I have learned one thing hear posting and working at my 1512 diesel . Jim D Is one smart cookie and has helped me with my 1512 D do a drive shaft mod to a CV drive shaft. He put me going in the correct direction to get it done that I would be happy with what I ended up with. He has a great mind to pick and can add some great info if you pay attention . I can post pictures of a 1512 Diesel PTO if you would like ? later Don T

Thanks Jim D
worthy.gif

Latest posts

Back