• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Decks

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
With spring arriving, it's soon going to be time to mow. I am curious about how my 50" deck will perform on the 1872... I know my 1450 has the same style with a speed up pulley and it works, for the most part, decent. I'd expect the same from the 50".
The 54" deck under my parent's 1864 is, for lack of better words, spectacular. That thing does such a good job and I got to thinking that I'd like to put one under the 1872.
I'm sure I'll need to do some fab work, but I'm curious if there's upgrades for the stock 50" that would have it perform just as well? It sure would be easier...

Any tips or suggestions?

50" will never work as well as the 54".

All you need is a 6" PTO clutch to put it on your 1872. The mule drive and carriage will work as is. Alternatively, you might be able to put the drive pulley from your 50c on the 54".

50" will never work as well as the 54".

All you need is a 6" PTO clutch to put it on your 1872. The mule drive and carriage will work as is. Alternatively, you might be able to put the drive pulley from your 50c on the 54".
Well that's good to hear!... Guess it's time to start looking for a good 54" deck. Problem with those were they were prone to rust through if you sneezed on them...

Yes they are hard to find, the o.p. is better off using the 50" on it till he finds one.

On a side note, has anyone, in the history of mankind, ever removed an old snap ring without sending it off to Neverland?? 🤔

With that being said, what size snap ring fits the hydro trunnion shaft?
I used to all the time, then I bought a quality set of snap ring pliers, mine are snap on. What a difference! Haven't lost one since... I'm not saying snap on its the greatest, but quality snap ring pliers make a HUGE difference.

Yes, I usually resort to a screwdriver but I scrounged up a set of snap ring pliers from a tool set given to me because of the location and (heaven forbid, we use a collar bolt and washer or even an access hole in the frame) and proceeded to remove said snap ring to the very end of the shaft, to which it disappeared right before my eyes.

Latest posts

Back