Dave S. 149/DanCo loader rehab project.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good!!
Had a good day in the shop
Next up....
Hoses and plumbing the cylinders.
Hope to assuage one of my pet peeves about FEL loader Cubs that I have seen and clean up some of the routing so there aren't hoses hanging all over the place.

320004.jpg

David-

Have you tried Rustoleum #7770 almond? I found it a very close match for the grill, hood, etc. It can be aggravating though. I've had several cans just give out with paint left in the can. I cleaned many a tip but found the problem apparently internal. I even called the company one time and they sent me 6 cans for free. Out of those I think half again failed on me.

The loader is looking good!

Yeah, I've got some of that Wayne, but I ran out of room on that test panel!!
I've had the same issue w/their darn cans crapping out 1/2 way through.
I keep a peanut butter jar w/some mineral spirits in and pull the nozzles and store them in that till the next time and even then some have issues.

David S... Have you tried using krylon tough rust. " almond " ? I'm not sure if it's close to what your looking for,but that's what I'm using. I had the same issues with the rustoleum too. It might not be right but I think it looks good to me , that's all that really matters right.just thought I would mention it.

Sorry about the double post , still getting used to this phone

Settled on an exhaust system.
A stock muffler will live under the right foot rest and be protected by the loader frame and also be away from the steering box and hydro linkage.

Hope to route the tailpipe up and over the axle and direct it to the side back neat the weight box.

This is just a mock up, more trim as fitment adjustments will ne doubt be in store. Need to make sure everything will clear the front axle, tie rod nd spindles.

320020.jpg

320021.jpg

Got some more of the exhaust dialed in.
Need 2 more 45*'s to make it out the back around and alongside the weight box.

1st pic is the bracket I made to hang the muffler. Have to pick up the hanger tomorrow the one I have is too big at 3.5" dia.

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

David, you got bit by the archive bug, which means your photos didn't upload.
sad.gif

2nd try...

320057.jpg

I wish now I had cut the manual lift stop lock off earlier before painting the frame.

2 more 45*'s will put the tail pipe out alongside the OEM weight box and angled to the side as I didn't want the exhaust kicking up dirt while in use or scorching the paint and/or hoses and I don't really care for stacks blowing back in my face not to mention the noise.

The white tube in the pic's is the loader sub frame.

320058.jpg

Final on the exhaust. Still waiting on some header insulation wrap for the muffler and close spaces to sheet metal.

2nd picture: Chrome tip is a bath/shower valve seeve with the 1-1/4" exhaust pipe expanded into it for a tight fit.

320065.jpg

320066.jpg

Kevin, I wish I could say yes!!
Took about 10 trips to the muffler shop across town, glad I live in a SMALL town!! LOL

Next up is the hydraulic lines and I'm already on trip 3 to that place,, about 20 miles round trip!!
More film at eleven, Hope I'm not boring you guys with all this.

BORING??? NEVER!!!

I'm loving your work on the exhaust, a few of us were bouncing a similar idea around some years back and you went and pulled it off!

Keep up the great work.

David S., what Mike wrote. Keep the photos coming please.
bouncy.gif

Well, right now , I'm hung up on finding some 1/4" black pipe fittings.

I thought I needed 3/8" stuff ad came home with a bag full of stuff from Ace Hdw yesterday, only to discover I needed 1/4"

The lower end of the lift cyl's need an ell so I can get rid of the big loop of hose hanging down ad rubbing on everything. The hydraulic shop did not have any 1/4 NPt x JIC ells, so I had planned on a black pipe street ell and a short nipple, or just a nipple and another ell, whichever I could make work best, hence an assortment to pick from, now it's all gotta go back!.

320091.jpg

I have in mind a manifold of sorts supported by a bracket bolted to and behind the tower fuel tank mount. Then I can snake the left side lift hoses across the frame Keeping them clear of anything. The suction and pressure hose from the pump to the valve body and reservoir in the rt side upright will be supported just below this piece, again, keeping clear of everything. Sure wish that engine was 2 or 4" ahead further!.

As pictured, these tee's will be a bit further to the left and staggered somewhat for hose clearance to the valve body inboard pair of fittings which I will change to 90* JIC

320092.jpg

Latest posts

Back