• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dave S. 149/DanCo loader rehab project.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's back to a "search" mode for a supplier!!

Awoke this AM to TV news breaking headlines that the hydraulic shop in Dubuque, IA, Link Hydraulic, I have been using for parts, hoses and cylinder rebuilds such as the welded assemblies found on the lifts and angle blades to be totally engulfed in flames!!

A big shop with multiple repair bays large enough to service construction equipment and dump trucks that a few years ago appeared to have been enlarged, plus a parts section, machine shop section as well as showroom etc. Imagine the haz-mat mat's the fire dept has to contend with in that type of situation..

I had planned on them making up all the new hoses for the loader so they would all be the same. Just glad to have already procured all the parts necessary for the clyinder rebuild at this point!

David, bummer, I hope no one was hurt. Good thing they didn't have any of your parts in their shop...

Dave,

There a place in Cedar Rapids called Apche Hose. They make hoses for hydro systems. Also Hydo-fab in Hiawatha will do cylinder repair and such. Just a thought!

On a side note... Great looking project. Looking forward to seeing this project in person soon! Rockford or Central City Pioneer Days??

Hey David - I noticed you used an unusual term in your post below. You said just glad to have already "procured" all the parts...

In my experience the term "procured" is most often used in Gov't business. Are you giving away a clue as to something in your background?

Most of us just say we purchased or bought something. Procure can mean you obtained it by some method other than purchasing. Are you really telling us you didn't "buy" the parts for the cylinder rebuild? That you obtained them by some other method
(i.e. barter
nutbags.gif
trade
wedgie.gif
theft
correct police.gif
or ill-gotten means?
Shotgun.gif

Well, to quote a more than one time presidential candidate...
From what show? ....Laugh In?? can't remember....
"Picky, picky, picky"....

Not to worry, Harry.
I kind like that word..
After all, it is shorter!

Caleb/Mick...
I think they have a store in Dubuque as well, much closer. Finding a place that will make those small I.D. hoses using the smaller size fittings may be a problem I/m afraid from what I seen so far.
I/m thinking any plow day this spring for sure and definitely Portage, WI in July and the IHCC summer show in Forest City come mid-sept but it will more than likely be in "used" condition by then.

A little more progress.
Found a shop today that can duplicate the hydraulic hoses.
Got the hy-tran topped off, the engine started and the hydro adjusted to neutral.

319518.jpg

319519.jpg

319520.jpg

Took the 149 for a spin yesterday.
Amazing how nice, tight and crisp the steering and driveline operation feels. This has got to be about as close to the way these must have felt, when new, to the original purchaser.

The fenders are still at the painters, these at just a set to use temporarily as the loader framework, having been removed, will make the restored fenders easier to reinstall, although I fear there may be some clearance issues that might require slight mods to the foot rest of the fender pan, about where my foot is in this photo.

319619.jpg

How do you like the thrust bearing spindles?

Well, so far so good, Steve
Kinda hard to tell w/no weight on the front yet.
Soon as the good fender pan is back from the paint shop, it will start to look more like a Cub Cadet!!
Got the loader cylinders done over the weekend.
Hoses are next on the agenda. Hope to clean up that installation some. Did not care for some of the routing and bracketry of the original installation.

319624.jpg

Nothing like that new paint look.
I have had 2 loader weight boxes, original to the tractor they were on and there was never a decal on them, not even painted over.
But it will look just fine with the one you put on.

No comparison here!
On the right is Rustoleum spray can so called "International Harvestor White"

On the left is CNH 935 white in a spray can for about twice the price.

JFTHOI, I'm Gonna do another panel on the left with Rustoleum Canvas White a little later, film at eleven

The loader itself was gun shot with 935 white w/hardener. will probably do the same for the grill, hood and tunnel cover.

319866.jpg

Gained a little today in between pushing snow.
Decals have to be the worst part of tractor restoration. Today I tackled then decals on the tunnel cover. I think I should have placed the side decal further forward and up more.

I added a piece of weather strip foam to the valve flapper thingy to keep it from rattling . It also keeps the handle up off the frame rail and hopefully be saving the paint.

319986.jpg

319987.jpg

319988.jpg

Back