• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dave S. 149/DanCo loader rehab project.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been too damn cold to mess with cleanin & painting the rims!
Or the gas tank and straps for that matter!
I have them primed and mounted to a parts tower ready to paint though.

Thought that would be an easy way to do it, then I can paint tank/straps/mounts as an assembly then mount to the tower on the 149 that is patiently waiting on the table.
I have heat back in the shop now after a day W/O. Did get the carb dis-assembled and it's brewing away in the dip can. I keep forgetting that the front axle needs painting as well. Going to make it yellow as well cause I want to show a few times before it gets dirty. Kinda got carried away w/this I guess. What I really need is a small heated area just for painting when it's cold like this. I sure can't count on another 65 degree February day to paint outside like last year w/the 104!!
old.gif

Dave.....you're gonna make that loader so nice you won't want to use it!

Mine has been intentionally left in work clothes......so I'm not afraid to use it!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Got the DanCo back from the painter on Friday.
Now it's back to "some assembly required". Needed the weight box mounting hardware the worst so I can button up the read end and fill w/HyTran.

Still have the cylinders to repack yet as well as new hoses to have made up plus paint the fender pan, hood and dash panel. That can wait til warmer weather though.

319162.jpg

319163.jpg

319164.jpg

Dave - sure does look nice, but are you sure that's Case/IH 935 White? It looks a whole lot whiter than the white on the inside of your dash tower (in the pic at the bottom here).

Harry:
Yup, that's what it is, pictures can lie a lot, you know!! Brand new quart picked up on the way to deliver the unit to the sandblaster/painter a couple weeks ago.
Got the wheels primed yesterday along w/a few other mounting bits for the loader. The wheels will get the Case/IH rattle can version of 935 white.
Hope to get tires mounted this week if it's warm enough to get the wheels painted. They are talking chance of 50 degrees here by Friday. I can warm them up in the shop and then sneak them outside on the south side of the shop, shoot 'em and than take 'em back inside.

David - I don't know if 50 degrees outside will be good enough to use a rattle can, then sneak back inside. I think you're pushing it and might not get a glossy shine - that you usually get with that Iron Guard 935.

A little more progress this weekend. Les came by and we got the rear tires mounted on the rims. I had gotten the front axle mounted earlier but had to remove it to drill out and replace the rusted and plugged grease zerk. Gas tank is painted and ready to install as is the engine. Still have a few things to get yet such as a VR and muffler.

The jury is still out on what to do w/the exhaust. Fender pan and hood/dash paint will have to wait for warmer weather.

319274.jpg

319275.jpg

Nice work David. I particularly like the rear diving board you’ve installed.

Hey David - coming along really nice there. Your pics are a little small but it looks like you're leaving the jug part of the engine unpainted. I know there is a lot of controversy about painting it, but if IH did it (or Kohler) it's good enough for me.

The paint won't last long after being used, so why waste it
happy.gif

Did get the spindles, tie rod & drag link installed yesterday as well as gaskets made from 1/2" heavy sill plate foam to cover the needle bearings and thrust washers on the lower ends of the spindles. Thanks to Steve B. for the tip about the bearings & washers. Should help in the steering dep't w/a loaded bucket full of soil.

I re-cut the 4 grooves into the bottom of the spindles after machining enough mat'l off to compensate for the thickness of the brg's and washers. Hopefully, the gaskets will keep the brg free of dirt and still be flexible enough to allow the grease to purge it and escape when applied w/the grease gun.

David, looking good! Any chance you can post a close up photo of the foam seals you made? Did you ever look at the photos of Dave B's "under-slung" exhaust that I linked to in my December 20th post below? You didn't comment and I'm not sure if you missed the post?
dunno.gif

My computer's down right now and DW won't appreciate me putting pic's up on her's.

Yes, the pictures of that exhaust setup I saw. Interesting and I'm thinking of something along those lines, however it will likely be straight out the back if possible. I could make a muffler I suppose to go in-line once the bend off the front of the engine is figured out. Gonna be some plumbing involved I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back