• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CUB CADET PLOW DAY 17 April 4th

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am trying to convice myself to come up to Iowa. I want to bring my Original, but my question is how much stuff do I need in order to have fun. I have a good plow and I am fabricating a hitch. I do not have lug tires or chains. I do have weights for wheels and front end. Do I need to pull off the fenders? Do they load up whit dirt? Thanks John

Fenders can stay on, but you will need either chains or ag tires to plow, no way around that. 6-12 ags are not real expensive, if you dont have a local source like TSC or Rural King, you can order them from ebay sellers or M.E. Miller Tire over in Ohio. Put some 6-12 ags on the back, your rear wheel weights and you should be set. Originals usualy dont need front weights if the plow is set up correctly. When you plow, if the plow wants to make the tractor swing into the plowed area of the field, its not set correctly. When they are set inline with the tractor and not swung to one side or the other, you will be able to hold the right front tire up against the furrow wall with just a little steering input toward the left. The plow must be straight in relationship to the tractor frame, thats what those two large set bolts on the brinly adapters are for, so the plow can be lined up straight and locked down tight. The plow will have a cant to one side, thats so when the tractor is canted over in the furrow, the plow will be straight up and down. There will be plenty of help there from seasoned plowers to help out on set up. Have a great time! Mike

John, Iowa was where plowing was born!! we are the original "sod busters", as far as how many, you can probably run but one at a time, and as far as the fenders..........what, for wind resistance??!? be there and be square, you'll have a great time with all kinds of great company and tractors.....I say yes, you should go.

Looks like my Grandpa "Plow Day"! Even these guys are smilin'!!
your_image.gif

Just got word that there WILL be a pulling sled at Plowday. Bob Hafton (sp?) will be bringing it. Folks, he's not asking for anything to do this, but please if you're gonna hook to the sled, make it worth his time and effort. I'll make sure there's a place for it.

Had the day off so I finished installing the new front spindles and then had to go "drop in
" and see how they worked.
127115.jpg

Terry

you might need that 1 armed loader to move some snow off the pasture so we can park!!!!!

Rob, lets keep those snow comments to a brrrr minimum! Lets hope the weather guy is off by about 30 degrees!

Looks like I'll have to wait till Monday or Tuesday to make a decision on going. Hopefully the two yellow things slide down the chart two slots.
lol.gif

The weather guessers can’t even tell if we are going to get snow tomorrow or not, so there is no way they have a clue what is going to happen 7 – 8 days out.

No negitive vibes, positive thoughts only!

Here’s a pic from PD13, see the snow in the background.
biggrin.gif

127255.jpg

One thing is for sure

that field at Travis's is nothing short of amazing for taking moisture and still being fit to work in so with a little luck in the next 8 days we should have a field that is ready { well drained } and lots of guys willing to help plow it up
beerchug.gif

groupwave.gif

Is the pulling going to be on Saturday?

Bob's sled is really neat. Its identical to a full size one but being a good size for our tractors.
happy.gif

Rob is right on the money, snow on it one day and plowing the next, can't beat it. I'll just keep praying for good weather, or at least dry weather.
headphones.gif
Stay tuned for local plow conditions.
bouncy.gif

Brian

2 short years ago we got 4" of snow 3 days before plow day , and the field was in good shape... crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

referring to the old McCormick Deering plowing picture - even when new the 10-20s look like they don't have a flake of paint on them!

Back