Quantcast
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Cub 100 Engine

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Mark Leaming

Hey guys do you think this Engine would work for my 100? I’m not sure what oil pan is on it. The carb and muffler wouldn’t work for sure. The guy that just rebuilt it says it has the flat style oil pan.
Thanks
Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
That looks like a Cub-spec K241.

If you get it, replace that eye bolt with a grade 8 bolt of the proper size and torque to the spec in the service manual.

Personally I would be questioning the knowledge/ability of the engine builder after seeing that eye bolt in there. That is not of the appropriate strength for a head bolt.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
It's in a head bolt hole and should be torqued in sequence with the rest of the bolts with a nut, but I doubt if it5s a grade 8 bolt;.

kashaver

displayname
Kelvin Shaver
I don't understand your comment about about 'the carb. . . wouldn't work for sure'. If its correct for that engine and runs o.k., it should be fine. There's also a chance that muffler would work if it clears under the hood. One of my 100s has the 'pepper pot' muffler coming out from under the hood on that side. If, however, you want to install a curved exhaust elbow and use the IH style muffler, you will probably need to install some studs in some of the other head bolt holes in order to mount the heat shield.

Mark Leaming

I don't understand your comment about about 'the carb. . . wouldn't work for sure'. If its correct for that engine and runs o.k., it should be fine. There's also a chance that muffler would work if it clears under the hood. One of my 100s has the 'pepper pot' muffler coming out from under the hood on that side. If, however, you want to install a curved exhaust elbow and use the IH style muffler, you will probably need to install some studs in some of the other head bolt holes in order to mount the heat shield.
It just has the wrong choke shaft. I’m pulling my engine today so I should have the bolts you are talking about.

bfleisch

displayname
Bill Fleisch
Here are a couple picture of a restoration I did a couple of years ago. Your engine looks similar with the exception of the throttle to govern shaft control.
IMG_4207.jpg
IMG_4187.jpg

dmerkle

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Dale Merkle
The cylinder head on Bill F engine is a high boss head (not sure if that is the correct term).
The cylinder head on the engine Mark L has is a low boss head (not sure if that is the correct term).
The bracket that holds the gas tank on the flywheel side uses 3 head bolts on the flywheel side. You are going to need longer head bolts and spacer-bushing (s) to support the head and fuel tank. The head is not the original one on the engine that Mark has. It will work with correct bushings or spacers. My 100 has a head on it that has the spark plug over the exhaust valve.
Bushings-spacers were purchase from McMaster-Carr.

I am using the throttle-governor linkage that is on Mark L engine.