• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 100 Engine

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leaming

Hey guys do you think this Engine would work for my 100? I’m not sure what oil pan is on it. The carb and muffler wouldn’t work for sure. The guy that just rebuilt it says it has the flat style oil pan.
Thanks
Mark

Attachments

• 4EDDE20C-C676-47A6-8153-A4E513C6FF14.jpeg
    4EDDE20C-C676-47A6-8153-A4E513C6FF14.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 153
  • BEB2E4DD-44FA-4DD5-A162-01BD0CC7A932.png
    BEB2E4DD-44FA-4DD5-A162-01BD0CC7A932.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 0BB86E84-914C-4941-B06A-37255F74DD2F.jpeg
    0BB86E84-914C-4941-B06A-37255F74DD2F.jpeg
    397.4 KB · Views: 170
  • E244EA13-C854-4FA8-8DC8-84E5474F493E.jpeg
    E244EA13-C854-4FA8-8DC8-84E5474F493E.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
That looks like a Cub-spec K241.

If you get it, replace that eye bolt with a grade 8 bolt of the proper size and torque to the spec in the service manual.

Personally I would be questioning the knowledge/ability of the engine builder after seeing that eye bolt in there. That is not of the appropriate strength for a head bolt.

I don't understand your comment about about 'the carb. . . wouldn't work for sure'. If its correct for that engine and runs o.k., it should be fine. There's also a chance that muffler would work if it clears under the hood. One of my 100s has the 'pepper pot' muffler coming out from under the hood on that side. If, however, you want to install a curved exhaust elbow and use the IH style muffler, you will probably need to install some studs in some of the other head bolt holes in order to mount the heat shield.

I don't understand your comment about about 'the carb. . . wouldn't work for sure'. If its correct for that engine and runs o.k., it should be fine. There's also a chance that muffler would work if it clears under the hood. One of my 100s has the 'pepper pot' muffler coming out from under the hood on that side. If, however, you want to install a curved exhaust elbow and use the IH style muffler, you will probably need to install some studs in some of the other head bolt holes in order to mount the heat shield.

It just has the wrong choke shaft. I’m pulling my engine today so I should have the bolts you are talking about.

Here are a couple picture of a restoration I did a couple of years ago. Your engine looks similar with the exception of the throttle to govern shaft control.
IMG_4207.jpg
IMG_4187.jpg

The cylinder head on Bill F engine is a high boss head (not sure if that is the correct term).
The cylinder head on the engine Mark L has is a low boss head (not sure if that is the correct term).
The bracket that holds the gas tank on the flywheel side uses 3 head bolts on the flywheel side. You are going to need longer head bolts and spacer-bushing (s) to support the head and fuel tank. The head is not the original one on the engine that Mark has. It will work with correct bushings or spacers. My 100 has a head on it that has the spark plug over the exhaust valve.
Bushings-spacers were purchase from McMaster-Carr.

I am using the throttle-governor linkage that is on Mark L engine.

Back