• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Craftsman lawn tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhasson

displayname
Nick Hasson
I have a 1996 or so craftsman that the headlights run off the charging system instead of the battery. Has anyone ever changed theirs over to run on battery power on a craftsman or any other brand. If so, is it just add a headlight switch and do a little wiring? Thanks in advance, Nick

I maintain my neighbor lady's old Craftsman RE2000. A 1992 model.
(its a Murray with Craftsman clothes). It started to not move well with jerks and some burnt belt smells. So I ordered new belts and proceeded to install them only to find the the drive pulley coming out of the transaxle was toast along with the woodruff key and the key way on the shaft itself. New parts are out of the question $$$$$ so I'm going to weld the pulley to the shaft and call it good to go. I first hoisted it by the axle's and then with a homemade spreader to the fender mounts.

241611.jpg

241612.jpg

241613.jpg

Update on the Neighbor Lady's mower.

The weld is not pretty but it's strong and deep.

242058.jpg

Happy Neighbor. New belts, air filter and pre cleaner, spark plug, carb adjustment, oil change and sharpened the blades on the deck. Set all of the linkages to manual specs. (She now has brakes!) and tightened up the steering as best as I could.

242059.jpg

Richard Tunison

I say thanks for helping. Since that was not the biggest design fault they had .I bet she is happy to see it move.I found the list gets real short when trying to get any reliability.

Latest posts

Back