• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 2128 shuts off when parking brake engaged, not charging

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got it running to get it home. First problem I would like to take care of is engine shuts off when left brake pedal is pushed last 1/4 inch to place parking brake latch. I have replaced the brake safety switch. Also not charging, battery light flickers comes on steady when PTO switch is engaged. Unplugged wires from generator tested to ground and 2 each other no voltage.

Finally got it running to get it home. First problem I would like to take care of is engine shuts off when left brake pedal is pushed last 1/4 inch to place parking brake latch. I have replaced the brake safety switch. Also not charging, battery light flickers comes on steady when PTO switch is engaged. Unplugged wires from generator tested to ground and 2 each other no voltage.
No such this as a 2128.
Did you mean 2182?

Sounds like you have a V/R issue. Check the two Blue Wires coming from the Stator. With a DVM set on the AC Scale, you should have ~30-35VAC. Do you have that ??

The 2182 has the gasoline fed Kubota 3cyl. The charging system on them, if it is like the Diesels, uses an external belt driven dynamo, instead of the flywheel generator like the Kohler engines.

Sound like you just picked it up and those issues you are having is why it was sold. You will have to check the seat switches and see if that is contributing to the shutoff problem.

any thoughts on shut off problem?
Start diggin.
1682465910303.png

Up date amp. light solved after checking all connections including ground. Removed and reinstalled brake safety switch shut off problem solved. Last problem have power to key, first click lights come on power to red wire white stripe, seconded click lights go off power maintained to red/white wire when turned to start power to red wire with black stripe but i loose power to red/white wire will crank but not start. Will crank/run with key in run position and solenoid jumped. Not very good with wiring diagrams sorry. Is a new key switch.

So sitting here looking at wiring diagram looks like second red/black and red/white should be plugged in to something. However when i jump that connecter I get disconnect PTO light on dash and will not crank. It will crank/run with key in start position with solenoid jumped. Both seat switches are unplugged.

One switch plug might need jumpered. On my 1862 one switch was normally open and the other was normally closed. Finally figured it out with the diagram and somewhere was a description of .....I will call it modes of operation for lack of a better term at the moment. All this to say one switch plug I had to unplug and the other unplugged and jumpered.

Latest posts

Back