• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

China!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luther the old saying a picture is worth a thousand words, the video speaks volumes. I'd hate to be in that and hit an American Built suv or god forbid a semi. They would just sorta scrape the occupants up with a shovel I don't think I have ever seem a car just discitigrate on impact before. The chinees can keep there cheap cars.

I wonder what they made that car out of ? A couple of beer cans maybe?

Seems a pedestrial/auto bridge they just finished, fell. Seems poor materials and shoddy craftsmanship, coupled with corrupt contractors was a major cause. Send more rope over, think there should more suicides soon.

WOW! My 24 oz Coors cans dont crush that easily
proud.gif

Maybe if enough stuff goes wrong over there then some of our factories will move back home?

Nothing beats good old fashioned American Quality. The material and workmanship is second to none. Once the masses figure that out we'll be ok. jmho

Well its getting too comfortable here so I guess I will stir the pot.

Some of you may be too young to remember, and some won't admit it but during the 70's and 80's the quality of American cars went to $#!+. I'm a GM man from way back but I finally said Uncle when I bought a new 73 Chevy Impala and it was a lemon from the day it arrived on the truck. I finally bought a Toyota pickup and was so impressed with the quality that I drove nothing but Toyota's for years.

When Detroit finally saw the inroads that Toyota and Nissan were making in their sales they finally started putting some quality back in their products, that's when I went back to GM.

Now days I have no idea where cars are made and where the parts come from. I know my brother in law was a truck driver and he hauled load after load of car parts from Mexico and Canada to Detroit. It wouldn't surprise me if your Chevy now has parts from China in it also.

Okay let the arrows come.
explotar2jr.gif

I aint gonna shoot arrows at you. I'm 62 and remember when many cars were poorly made\designed\and built by (I think)fustrated union auto workers. Much of that by old style thoughts of senior mgment on how assembly lines should work. Putting the same fender in the same place forever would drive me insane. Think Saturn plant was real turnaround with new tech and rotating positions, and the ability to stop a line when something was bad. It gave the people pride...it was theirs...they wern't going to shove a piece of junk out the door anymore !!! JMHO

Allen - You didn't test drive the Saturn I didn't make it off the lot with last year. It rattled from bumper to bumper and all in between. A 5 foot test drive was all I needed.

Richard - USA may have got slack in those days but at least the frames didn't rust out. I know guys that bought new Toy's that had the frames rot out, as I had to replace on this 88 that I've been building up. I like more than a sixtenth inch of frame.

I hate to say it about the gas hog 85 in the drive way but it had more metal rust off than anybody puts in a new truck. After some body work its as good as the day it was built. After working for 22 years it still doesn't let me down when it's time to go to work (I don't use it for play gas costs to much-- sorry wrong thread there)

Rember back when the good ole USA made cars came with a 4 cylinder engine?
Back in the 70's
After 40000 miles you pulled the motor and tossed it away cause it was beyound rebuilding.
It took the over seas auto makers to teach the USA auto makers how to build a 4 cyl motor that would last more than 40000 miles.

Rember when you could not sell a Chevy Nova in Mexico cause in Spanish Nova = no go.

Ok the quality of the American cars in the 70's sucked. I'll shut my mouth now. Most of the 70's had problems of one kind or another.

Richard hit the nail on the head. "Domestic" automakers have been quietly pushing production into Mexico and Canada and God knows where else for years while banging the "built American tough" drum. In fact, the Honda Accord has more American-sourced content (70%) than several Fords and GM vehicles.
How do you tell which car is more American?

I tried making a Jeep tow bar bending sch40 pipe.

64249.jpg

The rip looks whitish and real grainy like it was water quenched to speed up production...

64250.jpg

'NUFF SAID ?

Further insult to injury dept...Like a zillion chop sticks have been recalled because they wern't sterlized before shipping. Ya know like fresh out of the dung filled fields and into wrappers. Big chinese official admitted it could be 5 years before people trust products from them. (could be longer if they poison their own people with stuff similar to what they ship here!)

More CHINA made lead paint toys recalled ... breaking news, details tomorrow from Mattel

Mattel now apologizing to the Chinese because the small amount of lead on toys actually meets USA standards! Think maybe someone noticed there may not be enough toys to meet needs for holiday season...???

Play if you must DIE if you bust! I don't know about anyone else but I say BOYCOT "made in china"

I have already boycot china if i can find made in U S A . Matel appoligized to China and U S A yesterday. Big dollars do talk.

Back