• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

China!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
I think China needs to be dealt with. I have been saying locally that they are trying to kill off the world's population without having to go to war and here is one more nail in their coffin. They have been building up their military for a few years now and WE are the only one they have to worry about. Nail #2. Read the Melamine reports I've been posting in the Pet Owners section, like I said there "we don't eat or pets!" so now they have found the crap in our chickens. Nail #3. They have found it in our pork. Nail #4.
Now this Report Traces Tainted Medicine to China

Ken
thumbsup.gif
. Trade with China needs to completely shut off, for good. My wife hates my point of view, says I embaras her if someone gets me going. All these problems and economy problems are our own fault. Everyone is so damn cheap, don't want to spend the extra money for better US produced stuff instead they will spend the least amount on the garbage coming from China then bitch about it later. I'm AMERICAN and will buy American goods, only make donations to local causes that I know will stay in America. Yes, I do look at the boxes when I'm shopping to see where it's made. Just wish my wife would see the light, she's a city girl. She was wondering why so many farms around here are all run down I told her it's because city girls like her go shopping and buy the cheapest foods to save money and none of the food they just paid for are made here. I tell her if everyone bought US grown foods the price would drop due to larger demand, she has no clue
bash.gif
. Guess I rambled enough.

Bren

Brendan - Here's the quick explantion to the problem in the US ...
Some years ago a Kroger deli worker was making per day far more than I was out in the elements welding... but I didn't have a union behind me.

Now ppl can jump my s*** all they want to and tell me how the unions built this country and the sun rises on them ... I can sit back and tell you stories my grandfather told me of the gun battles they use to have when the unions came in here and tried FORCING his coal mine workers to join after his workers declined... He was given a bullet proof Ford pickup by some rich friend of his. That truck set on the farm until around 1974. I can also tell about my own dealings of unions putting me out on strike and the factory shutting down. You ever try to pay rent on $40 a week strike pay ?

I'll post pics in the near future of how good a GRIZZLY IMPORTS knee milling machine is. I would have bought a used Bridgeport or Excello but the truckers I contacted to haul it kept trying to stick me for double the mileage...so I bought the piece of feces that I now own. You can forget about customer service too from that sorry company!

Kyle - What teeth ???
Tweleve years ago I sat down and told'em to yank'em all out ... 28 at one time

We need a toothless grin gif ... I might have to work on that whenever I get time

I agree Kentuck, if you can't whip somebody fightin' make'em your friend then poison'em...as far as union I worked in one it was mediocre at best, my great grand father owned a barber shop back in the day when coal was huge here in southern illinois, a sign and shotgun hung over the door the sign outside said if you're union you're not welcome if you came in the shotgun or the little Irish fella with the straight razor backed it up!

Ken, I do agree with you about unions. A landscaping co. I worked for tried goin union and everyone told them to get bent. We won a bid on a gov. job that was all union and we got s#@* on by everyone but the union boss because we wern't union. There were non skilled laborers making more than me and I was a trained and certified equip. opperator. A couple of the unions braindead laborers marked out for a trench I had to dig out so befor I started I looked at the blueprints myself and it didn't look right. My forman wasn't around so I went to the union boss and expressed my comcerns to him as I was to digging by high voltage electric and he copped an atitude like his guys can do no wrong and told me to get it done or we were going to be off the job. So against my wishes I started digging. Within 50' of the dig I ripped their wiring out of the building 200' away. He was pissed! Wasn't but a few minuts and a gov. inspector showed and I told him what the union boss told me, showed him their marks, then showed him the blueprints. Not one of those union guys said anything to us the rest of the project. Figured they did that to get us off the jub and get union guys to replace us. With the import stuff, I do think we need to think more about supporting our own countries products instead of shopping across seas. Is all were doing is making those countries stronger by sending our money there.

Brendan - We do need unions for one reason , to get these companies to give the workers something other than minimum wage and a kiss off if they get hurt ... but then on the other hand we need companies that have concern for their workers as a person then the unions wouldn't be needed.

OK as promised pic of my GRIZZLY IMPORT mill.
58712.jpg

Notice the hole saw isn't in the center of the vise opening ? It was in the center when I had the head laid over @ 40* to make an angle cut. That is how much off center the head tilts ... real good quality control huh ...
Now if I had been doing an operation that required me to mill an angle on a center line from where I had made a 90* operation I'd have been screwed. Now I've got to spend half a day getting it all squared back up ... time to dig out the AMERICAN MADE Starret Last Word indicator ...

Lets be realistic, this wont change until this country is really in trouble because the general public is not intrested in the corrupt politics of big bussiness... just what the celebrities are doing. The few that know what is really going on will have to be the ones to help open the eyes of the masses and put the country back together whan it all falls apart again.

Here's something about China that hasn't changed much. The translation from Chineese into English is still terrable. In the text below is the most conveluted description of trailing link rear suspention that I have read. It's peculiar that the traslator chose "after" , and "former" to describe rear and front.

"Seats: one driver's seat, one passenger's seat in the front and one back seat
Air conditioner: cooling 1000w, heating 1200w
Suspension System: Former Macpherson, after dragging the vertical arm independent suspension, helical springs, anti-roll horizontal stabilizer. Double Adjustable dampers Heater, air-conditioning systems, sensors, 3 manual loudspeakers outside rearview mirror inside the four front windows manual three-point ELR seat belts emergency Lock, Regulator belt shoulder strap behind ELR-energy-absorbing Steering Column, the side of anti-collision equipment, rear door child safety locks four lights system before combination lights, intermittent stall Wiper before the entire vehicle wheel rim of green glass and steel-wheel light for decorative masks (the driver's seat with the invoice. Help belt make up mirror) before and after the indoor lighting (tranche-) mechanical steering Lock, Anti-dazzle rearview mirror with alarm (ignition key forgotten, gating switches) , 5 closed the front seats of the front row warning (available before and after moving back multi-angle adjustment) Three-seat headrest adjustment, the front seat back pockets rear-turned-forward the overall transformation of a fixed-back seats electronic species empty boxes, lock device "

good joke- wonder what the english to chinesee translation would be if the description was right in english?
whistling.gif

I'm sure that China is anti-union too! If the Union wasn't around to stand up for the American Worker, who would? The current administration that is allowing China to poison our country?

Brian L: Did you not read the rules for this part of the Forum?? It says NO POLITICS!! Your post was a domestic political commentary. That is a no no...

Myron B

... and it happened b4 the "current"

Here's a good one - back when I had my shop open I got a letter from some directory (two years in a row) wanting to put my biz in a listing for NAFTA... it'd only cost me $350 a year...

That's what you call penny wise pound foolish. There's always something cheaper out there, but buyer beware, especially when safety is on the line. On the other hand when a purchasing agent is only concerned about the price you get what you pay for. In our personal lives we can decide what we want to pay for what quality product. If we drive for a trucking company and they cut corners they should be just as accountable as the original manufacturer. Which I believe they are.

Back