• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

China!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listened to NPR news on the way home, the Chinese mfr. is denying the omission of the gum strip and claiming this is more American government anti-Chinese bias due to the trade imbalance.. This is similar to their stance during the pet food debacle and the recent bogus drug issues.
Another part of the story was from a NY Times reporter stationed in Shanghai, who went to the plant that made the Thomas the Tank Engine toys with lead paint on it.. They were let into the plant, but then accused of being spies by the plant management. They were able to contact the police, but the police and local government were powerless in getting them released from the plant and told the reporters they'd have to bargain with the plant management. They were finally let go after 9 hours of being held captive at the plant.
Also on NPR today was a story about the new Chinese presence in Africa - they are underbidding on construction projects, then paying local labor force 32 cents an hour.. They are also stripping the African forests of wood and shipping it back to China..
rant.gif

China Shuts 180 Food Factories
Formaldehyde, illegal dyes, and industrial wax were found being used to make candy, pickles, crackers and seafood, it said, citing Han Yi, an official with the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, which is responsible for food safety.
http://tinyurl.com/2eq55m

Other products turned away by U.S. inspectors include toxic monkfish, frozen eel and juice made with unsafe color additives.
<font color="0000ff">Damn, there goes my frozen eel barbque on the 4<sup>th</sup> !</font>

So they exicuted the head of their FDA, this morning. Don't know if that means he really screwed up, or they're just embarassed that he let them get caught.

After reading the entire thread here I don't think politics (as far as the common man is concerned) fits into this. There is a disregaurd for human life as long as someone can make a buck. Its to bad things have got to this point. If the govenment really worked for the people of the us, it could do something. Unfortunatly the giant jugernaut in Washington DC has lost touch with the people.

Fisher-Price just recalled 1 million toys that were recently made in China. Seems a quantity of lead was found in paint used on the toys. Those people dont seem to learn, one guy got executed for contaminated products already....!

Allen - You're looking at it wrong. The companies here outsourcing don't care and the consumers here don't care. If either did they wouldn't be buying the crap from china and the problem would be solved.

I bought two chain hooks last week, they were USA and priced high but I gladly paid.

Ken, I'm like that too ,I go out of my way to buy AMERICAN MADE products which seem to be harder and harder to find these days because the corporate fat cats who run the companies think only of profit and not of quality. I just hope this latest incident will be a wake up call to ALL Americans.

Personally I think a class action law suit should be brought against Wal Mart for running the "mom & pop" places out of biz (that usally sold USA products) and then advertizing that they sold American made items ... (how long ago did they drop those commercials) and sell 90% China made products that don't last as long as it takes to get the price sticker off. Of course that can't happen now because they have gotten to big to be touched.

I know that our Wal Mart put Hecks , Roses and Gibson's discount stores out of biz here. Wal Mart has three sizes of stores and we have the biggest one here, the second biggest is the next town north and the third (smallest) is the next town south of me. It's untelling how many places they put out of biz in a 30 mile radius.

Those commercials pretty much came to and end after Sam Walton died. Every once in a while ya still see a trailer on the interstate with that on the back door - we chuckle and say "yeah right..."

That said, none of this makes Target (or Home Depot, or Lowes or anyone else) any less guilty. An acquaintance of mine was a VP for Home Depot - he spent quite a bit of time in China purchasing for their stores.

KENtucky - you still at the same address? I'll have to send a DVD your way...

Still here ...

Lowes came in and put 4 hardware stores out that were the type that you enjoyed going to. Then when you went to Lowes in the morning to pick up building materials you also made it home for supper. It got the name Slowes real quick!

"It is common for disgraced officials to commit suicide in China."
Russia used to have a lot of them suicides, too. Mostly two or three shots to the back of the head...Sometimes a knife between the ribs in the back or heaving themselves backwards out a tenth story window, holding on to the drapes as they fell......}

Wal-mart is absolutly the last place I go for anything. We have a Superstore here in Point and the prices are the same or even higher at times than the other places in town. I made a decision to vote with my $$$

9 Million more toys just recalled. No headline yet.

If you need weight on your cub just put a toy box on the back , fill it with lead painted toys , you can buy them at China's direct pipeline into this country aka Wal Mart.

EDIT: Here's the story, this says 7.2 million, the tv news said 9 million.
http://tinyurl.com/2x5p4z

Back