• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 1711 Power Steering

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemartin

IHCC Supporter
This fine CC1711 cuts like a champ. But at age 74 and trying to steer and manuver around a lot of trees and stuff at this shop where I cut the grass is wearing me out. Can you buy a power steering unit for such a unit?

Attachments

• 2015-12-31 October 9 2023 #1 001.JPG
    2015-12-31 October 9 2023 #1 001.JPG
    541.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 2015-12-31 October 9 2023 #1 002.JPG
    2015-12-31 October 9 2023 #1 002.JPG
    519 KB · Views: 0
Find a parts tractor with power steering and swap it. Very doable but will require a fair amount of work. Possibly could investigate electric power assist. I don't know of any ready made kits out there, but here may be.

Mike, I have found it very common p.o. not greasing front end I've had 3 I had to heat with torch to get grease moving at all. 1 was rusted so bad it took heat and a hammer to get it apart..A small can torch should do it without burning too much paint. I found it helpful to jack up frontend and keep moving wheel from stop to stop..Someone else mentioned steering box it has a zerk also...

Also, make sure the tie rod is adjusted per the service manual. If this is not adjusted properly, the steering effort will be much greater. I'd also inflate the front tires to the sidewall maximum.

If the above suggestions do not satisfy you, you can add power steering to your unit since it has the ported hydro. Some parts from a 1862/1864 will go on with some modification.

Nice mid 80's Blazer.
As far as tough steering, I had issues when I got my 782. The outer EMD links were a bit out of alignment. A couple of turns on the link made a big difference.
Maybe steer the tractor straight then stand in front and take a picture maybe we can see that it's out a bit.

Latest posts

Back