• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Case garden tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up another 65 130 off of craigslist. I have been sand blasting parts, hood,grill,fenders,gas tank and brackets, all the engine tin pieces, cleaned the carb and removed the head. The exhaust valve was stuck open, the wiring is junk.
242650.jpg

Pic 1; This is the rusty beast, 65 130 I got last September
244683.jpg

Now it looks like this, also have a bunch of parts blasted and painted for the other 130 and 155
244684.jpg

Edward L. WOW!!! That little Case is looking terrific. Excellent rescue.

My Cousin Mike, the Case fanatic has been bugging me about mounting his 12" plow on my 224 Tractor. So, I took it over there this weekend and he set it up with his AG tires, sleeve hitch, suitcase weights, and plow. It really did a good job and was lots of fun!

Here Mike is setting up the plow!

248833.jpg

Once it was set up and weighted correctly, it really pulled good. I had never put that kind of load on the M16 single lung Kohler but it really had a lot of low end grunt. I was pleased.

248834.jpg

Per Jeremiah's request, Mike took a picture of me actually using one of my tractors! I look upset but I really did have a good time! I am in the process of picking up a Brinley adapter for my Cubs and so I can plow with them. This plowing is really fun and Mike and I have decided to have a parcel of land set aside for next year to plow with our GT's. If I had enough local interest I might even be interested in hosting a plow day someday. My uncles have about 350 acres of farm land between them so space won't be a problem. Whatcha think?
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif

Here is my CASE 130 and my son happy his feet reach the floor boards. lol
A future restoration.

258091.jpg

Your 130 looks to be in pretty decent shape. The tan is desert sunset and the orange/red is flambeau red.

Thanks Ed. It's good to know there are others that know the real paint names.
thumbsup.gif

I picked up both of these garden tractors from the same guy in Rochester, Wa $200 each. A 72 140 h1 and a 67 195 Case. More parts to sand blast.
265020.jpg

Edward--keep us posted on the progress. I know from my cousin Mike that those 195's are pretty rare birds! Nice find!

I have all the tan (desert sunset) parts off and ready to sand blast. The grill was missing and had a 3/16" plate welded in with the grill shell 1/2" out of square. There was a home made generator bracket, for some reason the delco start/gen is 1" shorter than normal and also mounted about 1/2" out of alignment. So the left side hood panel was butchered. I made a new seat pan and both side panels. I also need to make a tool box cover. I hope to get the engine fired up late next week, it needs to be rewired.

I've been wanting to add a case garden tractor for awhile, but so far no luck. Are there any models I should avoid and why, also are there ones that are more desirable to have?

Last year I went to the Sky Valley tractor show@pull in Monroe,Wash. Someone had made,what I thought was a 67 155, into what looked like a model A Ford C-cab truck. It was streched out tall skiny tires all around.
The 65- 68 have a great look to them. I don't have any attachments for the four Case tractors, I have.

Hey ed, I was at that show two years ago, nice little show and great people. Do you plan on going again this year? I haven't decided what show were going to this year, last year we went to Union Gap, also really great people there too.

I am not sure on the Case tractors..... I have been a IH Cub Cadet person all my life, literally, Dad has had a Cub Cadet me entire life and I am 40 and have a few of my own now.... however, our neighbor worked for a Case dealer back in the day (Pre IH Buyout) and every spring to till his garden he would always bring home a Case 446 Garden Tractor with a hydraulic tiller. There was just something about the stance of that tractor with the 16" rear wheel and all the ground clearance it had. It really looks like a small farm tractor with the ground clearance and the size difference in the front and rear tires. If I were to get a Case, it would definitely be a 446.

Scott N. the case garden tractors definitely look very "tractor" like,those big rear tires and high ground clearance is what I like about them. are all of them shaft driven?

Latest posts

Back