• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bulldozers...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
Didn't see that, but IH made all kinds' of goofy looking truck. I think that was a "salesman truck". I've seen on or two of those before in photos.

KRAIG - I watched pt #2 a couple yrs ago but didn't yesterday.

TOM - IH district & regional salesmen were supposed to drive IH pickups to make sales calls on dealers. Is that the trucks they used to have to drive? I rememeber reading they were supposed to haul an IH freezer or refridgerator in the back of the truck while salesmen for other ag co's got to drive nice sedans.

That truck was probably built in Austrailia... they do things a little different at IH down there.

That truck looks like the pickup bed and cab were all one piece, like the Ford Ranchero pickups that were built a couple years later.

Gotta love the Aussie "Utes" some of the most practical vehicles ever built.. I'd trade my F100 for that IHC Ute..

Dennis - I had to drive a Travelall on my first job for the State... I can't remember how the pickup my uncle had rode, but I feel sorry for anyone that had a bad back and had to put lots of mile on one of the Travelalls...

Yes, you never rode in a Travelall, you merely hung on and kept asking "How long yet?" BTW, that pickup looks like it inspired the Chevy Avalanche
clappy.gif

GERRY - Kinda off topic for bull dozers, but "ALL" IH trucks rode rough. Seems that IH used to like to design trucks with very tall stacks of short leaf springs for both frt & rear suspension. Once the leaves got rusty and didn't slide on each other any more they rode like there were NO springs at all.

I rode "shotgun" many thousands of miles in IH CO-190's with Dad hauling livestock back in the late 50's & early/mid 1960's. They were a cab-forward tilt-cab truck, the driver & pass. seats were right over the steer tires, the doors pivoted from the "A" pillar, in other words.... You would be the FIRST person on the scene of an accident. You felt every little ripple in the pavement, and as one old timer put it, you could tell if a Dime was heads up or tails up when you drove over it.

The old Red Diamond, or RD-450 gas in-line 6's were no power-house engine, but IH sure made a LOT of them. The guy Dad was driving for then later upgraded to a pair of Emeryville's, a Cummins 220-powered twin screw and a Cummins 185-powered single axle. They were bigger, faster, burned less fuel, but rode every bit if not more rougher than the CO-190's.

Latest posts

Back