• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Building a Better PC

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, I really enjoyed the overclocking AMD video.
All of my builds were AMD on MSI motherboards and I did overclock most of them a bit just for fun. All 10-15 boxes are still running with a few upgrades and several new hard drives along the way. Gotta keep the Family online so I can see what's up...lol.

Matt..... looking forward to seeing your hand built/stained/coated "station" with all of your STUFF appropriately situated.

Richard - I'm sitting here surrounded by 8 working PCs but THEY'RE ALL MINE
biggrin.gif
and 2 in the house. I never can get rid of anything...
I've been playing around with my favorite one today , a PIONEX with INTEL 350MHz and 98meg RAM and 12gig HDD running winderz 98 with a DC10 Studios capture card in it. My first big step to the Big Show !

Kathy and I were digging out some of my old stuff Saturday and she pulled out a box that has my winderz 3.1 tv card in it. That sucker's as big as a keyboard !

Wish I'd bought little Bro's Black Edition 1100T AMD <font size="-2">insert kicking self in butt gif here</font>

I'm debating on building again when Bulldozer comes out ... big price tag !

Now I've just got to finish the two braces for the lower right side, make the drawer, and it's done, less stain.

As luck would have it, my new drill/saw battery arrived yesterday, but is defective
swear.gif
#$@! thing charges in 5 minutes, and then is not even capable of drilling one hole before it's dead. Guess I'll stick with my 'bad' original battery...

OOOOkkk, A preview version of WINDOWS 8 has been released. It's for tablets, not regular PCs.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....
Check it out if your curious.

Allen - Yes it's for desktops too , just aimed a little more towards tablets.
You can use a pointer , touch or keyboard.

Matt -
thumbsup.gif

I just thought of a nice touch ...
On your PC shelf , a roller slide with lazy Susan to mount the unit on would be nice for getting to the rear of the case. Of course it'd have to be long enough to allow the case to come all the way out to rotate.

That soft wood top will dent easy , sometime you might want to put a piece of plexi on top.

Are you going to use mounts for the monitors hanging down from the top to give you more useable desktop surface ?
I'm thinking about mounting mine to the wall to give me more surface area.

You can get some stick on veneer to cover the edge of the top ends , they soak up the stain and will be darker than the rest of the wood. But you'd need to trim the ends a 1/16" so that it would be flush with the veneer added.

Just some ideas and looking ahead as I've built lots of cabinets and a couple of desk before ...

Don't forget the Tack Rags !

Ken-

Yes, I've got a dual monitor mount. I'm hoping the pre-stain sealer will keep the ends of the boards from soaking up too much stain.

6 hours of sanding and 6 hours staining later...

230858.jpg

Now I have 4 evenings to put 2 coats of poly on everything...

Look at Matt flexing his bicep
biggrin.gif

Hey next weekend we get to see it in action !!
pcwhack.gif
crash.gif

Done!

231169.jpg

Time to go get a new surge strip and a longer cable for the modem, and I can move everything over.

Allen-

Thanks! However, it does look better in the pictures than it does in real life. If there is light reflecting off of any of it, you can see the flaws in the polyurethane.

Here's a better picture
happy.gif
:
231171.jpg

And the inside of the drawer:
231172.jpg

Back