• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Buck Creek Plow Day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys--those are some awesome photos. I didn't get as many as I normally do trying to keep both my kids plowing as much as they wanted to...however, I did get a handful of pics that I will post soon.

I was honored to get the "Hammer Down" trophy, although Brian B and his wife were pushing pretty hard to get there as well. It is ironic that I am by profession a framing contractor. So "hammer down" has a dual meaning in my case! LOL. From hosting our Heritage Plow Day, through a week of tearing off a two layer 35 square roof and reshingle all week, then doing a teen hayride, and finally traveling to BC II--it was a hammer down week!

Wayne S--it was my daughters first time ever plowing. She is 8 years old but still wanted to desperately come on the trip with the boys. I had her bring some other stuff to do, thinking that she would spend all her time in the heated shed. HOW WRONG I WAS! She got all he cold weather gear on and wanted to plow. Since I couldn't get Caleb off the Mule, the only other option was for her to plow on the WH. It is a GD machine with manual lift. So, since she couldn't reach the clutch, I had her sit "side saddle" and I would ride "one cheek on the seat, the other on the fender" when we reached the end of the row. I could raise the plow because the lift is on the left side of a WH, and operate the clutch for her. She was so cute on there and probably ended up plowing at least 10 rounds. I thought she wouldn't want to do more than one, once again HOW WRONG I WAS! I told her to make sure she didn't fall off though!!!!

Mick M--it was so awesome to see you twice in a week and I couldn't agree with you more about seeing the various kids out there! I was reflecting how neat it is to share this hobby with each other and any "willing" family members.

Oh yes--Rick, thanks for the seat time on the Super Cyclops! That was my first time operating a Cat 0 disc. I really enjoyed that as did my daughter. You were right, that thing needed more weight but that engine purred like a kitten!
Sweet!

Thanks for all the pics! Josh, thanks for the vids! Looked like wonderful conditions for plowing. Hated to miss it, but that happens.

Josh,
Pretty neat to see the kids involved. Always good to see the next generation have the interest in our hobby.

Rick,
Sorry to hear about the turboed smoker. Must be all the ponies that turbo is putting out. The head gasket couldn't hold 'em.
err.gif

And I'm glad the 1782 held it's own. Told ya, even though "crusty", she was one of the nicest running diesel's I've had. Good to hear you put her to work.
beerchug.gif

Under edit: And when you change out the head gasket, don't forget the O-ring that goes over the dowel pin in the block. You'll leak antifreeze if it's not there and be pulling the head again. My 782D's PO did this and couldn't figure out why it leaked.

Josh Spicer,
Thanks for the heads up on the O-ring!
I'll probably post over in my build thread when I get going on it. Ordered the fix-it parts and some upgrades.
I'm really tempted at this point to swap the D640 into the 1512. But we're still on the fence about moving so I have to watch how much I tear apart.
I already have VW parts from wall to wall!

Thanks to Corey and Rick for BCII!! Long trip, not anywhere near like Josh's though. I left at 4:45 am after a trailer light snafu toasted my fuse and I had to 'borrow' the a/c clutch/4x4 motor fuse until Walmart. First run ever with my 10" plow wasn't bad, but I need to shine her up, and resto her, really gummed up with dirt. I did receive those nice black Brinly stickers that would look much better on a clean plow. The NAPA gloves will be getting a work out for sure! #1-1450 didn't run out of power either, I should have changed out to my wider/better ags though from the 1200. All in all, an excellent time and thanks Dave for the seat and height adjustment knob!
buttrock.gif

All of the kids were fantastic on those great tractors!

Farmer Corey asked me if I would like to do the Buck Creek Plow day this fall, he is planning beans in the plowing field.
I'm like.......well duh......Yes!

I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I'm pretty sure I asked this and then it seems to have disappeared. Anyway, where is the Buck Creek plow day held?

Thanks, or thanks again, Keith

Just west of Buck Creek, IA about 2 miles.
Signs will be posted.
Buck Creek is a small village east of Ryan, IA which is on IA hwy 13. It's located about 1/2 way between Ryan and Hopkinton, IA & located on a county paved road. Hopkinton is on IA hwy 38.

Just don't get lost with a trailer and end up on an "unmaintained road"
Quite the experience
bash.gif

Wouldn't an "unmaintained road" be "not a road"? I don't think I've seen an unmaintained road in Illinois or Indiana...... Well not less than all the rest of them.

Driving skill is still a value in Iowa, maybe?

There many more miles of gravel and dirt roads compared to many Midwest states I've driven in.
Level "B" minimum maintenance and Level "C" no maintenance.

I will be more "coordinator" and less "host" this year as I am currently moving to Wisconsin.

David S. I remember when I80 was being built. And one of the first accidents involving a car/semi. Our Dad took us to see the aftermath. Something I'll never forget.

Scott N. When my ex and I had the acreage by Green Island our driveway was the end of graveled road. The rest of the mile was dirt. After rains people like trying their 4x4 trucks on it. I finally started charging $25/tow. One night a group got their restored Bronco stuck. When I pulled them out it was then we realized the Bronco was hung up on a tree stump and when I pulled it punctured the gas tank. Four of us went to check the gas smell. The drunken driver started coming up to us with a lit cigarette. You never saw four people panic and tell him to get away from there NOW!!!

Latest posts

Back