• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Basic Refurbish

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matt G., good info and thanks for sharing it. It sounds like a "better idea" was found, I'll certainly look into it.

Is this something you've done yourself?

I haven't gone looking for myself but what is the biggest battery size you folks have squeezed into a 169. I took some measurements but left them at the shop..
angry.gif

Just curious what others have done for their battery.. tia

Mike
My last shopping trip my local farm store now has a U1-4 that has 420CCA in the same physical size as the other L/G batteries. Previously the biggest they had was the U1-3 at 360CCA. The 360CCA always worked in the 169s I had.

Mike-

I have not added a front flex coupling to a tractor that didn't originally have one there, but many people have. It is pretty straightforward with the right parts.

Thank You Jerry and Matt.!.!

It's kinda funny but, since I had no hydros, I've never really paid attention to any of the info that others were sharing all these years! And now that I want to play with one I have this big learning curve to catch up on.

I've seen things that the other guys have done but just never really followed that work with a focus or attention.

OOPS!
biggrin.gif

To anyone with the knowledge.. Does the original 62 seat have padding, or is it just steel?

Thanks Ken

Ken,
Just a steel pan, but there was a tie-on padded cover available as an accessory

I have a seat from a 4 digit ser. numbered Original. It is/was upholstered.

And I think there was a pamphlet that showed it as a dealer option.

Thanks Mike and Paul. The seat pan I have looks like it had been upholstered as the rolled lip around perimeter of seat is open? I will do some more searching. If it was upholstered what kind of material was used? I might just go off and put some cowhide covering. Thanks again. Ken

My seat has the remains of some foam and what appears to be like a burlap or canvas type material... My seat edge also folds over to bind the seam to the pan. It also appears to be a bit larger than the pan seat.

Mike
That sounds like a seat for/from a Farmall Cub and not a Cub Cadet. Would appear a PO has been at work swapping seats.

Mike, do you have a photo of that seat that you can post? Does it look at all like this one:

296650.jpg

296651.jpg

Perhaps that is it Paul,,

Kraig that seat seems the same shape, mine doesn't have any cover left and I don't have a picture. But I can get one this week.

Hey Guys, thanks for the input,, but if we look at the forum front page it has the round seat that I have??? with no upholstery on it.. Question remains was upholstery offered and in what colors?

Ken M., the basic pan seat was just metal with no upholstery. There were and are slip on padded seat covers available that have a draw string to hold them on.

296686.jpg

296687.jpg

Here's a modern reproduction:

296688.jpg

296721.jpg

Thanks Kraig for that information.. Should I just close up the lip around the perimeter of the seat and install the seat cover?
Thanks for the pic and info.

Ken

Ken, I believe the cloth you are seeing might just be filler for the crimped edging. Unless the metal edging is pulled away and leaving a sharp edge I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just put a cover on it and be done. One thing to remember, if you ever haul your Cub Cadet on an open trailer, be sure to remove the seat cover or it will likely blow off.

OK, so back to our regularly scheduled programming! LOL..
1AA_dance2.gif

I managed to clear out 3 jobs that needed finishing so now I can make time for the 169 in earnest. Some of the things that I want to get done will be like removing the balance gears and installing one of Dave Kirks re-balance kits and his point saver too. As previously mentioned, the driveshaft couplers and also swap in the hydraulics setup..

I'm not certain about the paint/re-paint.. I think I'll get it into a solid unit first and hopefully have it together with a thrower on the front for this winter.

I picked up a set of tire chains and a replacement seat recently, I'll just have to get an order together for gaskets and such..

Spent some time taking things apart last night. Started by taking the hood and grille off, fuel tank and muffler were next. Also removed the starter generator, then noticed the PTO.. guess that'll need a rebuild as well.

Latest posts

Back