• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Basic Refurbish

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kzintner

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Kurt
Although I have had the machine for several years, I now would like to get it in runnign order to move it to my new home. Once there, I plan to fully refurbish and use the tractor.

Currently I need the entire assembly of "Tube Assy, Housing & Jacket", including the bearings race, etc.
Can someone give me guidance, to possibly used parts?

Have a Cub Cadet 109. Need complete set of decals to complete restoration of tractor and mower deck. Can someone tell me where I can purchase?

Cecil, on the top of the home page is a bunch of sponser business cards...click on 'C C Specialties'. He had all sorts of decal sets. E-mail him if necessary, if he doesn't have them he knows who does.

Hi. Am new here. Saved a 126 from crusher and want to rebuild it for use. Where can I get a repair manual? Actually bought two at the scrap yard for 50 bucks. One in great shape and one for spare parts. Naturally the best one got dropped by the idiot with the fork lift while loading it on the truck. But salvagable. Thanks anyway, mc

mc: Welcome!
groupwave.gif
thumbsup_old.gif
wave.gif

Ya done good! There were just over 5,000 of the 126's built (5,247). Binder Books, one of the sponsers above, (the green International pickup with the Cub Cadet being loaded) should have a service manual for you. Although you can find the answer to about any question you have right here (the SEARCH function works great) a manual is a big plus. If you want to post pics (pics are good) and have a problem, most any member here can be emailed and will post them for you. I've even heard of emailing pics to yourself to shrink them to proper size.
Again, WELCOME, and don't be a stranger!
happy.gif

Since the title seems appropriate for my goals.. and somehow this thread has more wanted ads than any reference to refurbs or restores.. I figure I'll just move in and post my refurb of a 169 in this place.

Of course first thing I need to do is learn how to post pics here...

Hope you don't find it boring!
biggrin.gif

Mike F. Kraig M. or even I will help re-size your pictures and send them back to you.
happy.gif

Thanks J.C., Marlin, I can re-size ok, but when I try to upload it says it is still to large. Yet I've sized it smaller than the maximum.

And I don't want to rely on others all the time.

If Don T. can do it.. I'll figure this out!!
err.gif

And since I am going to outfit this one strictly for snow removal duty... here is the thrower that will go on it.

296375.jpg

Mike:
smile.gif

The more pics you post the easier it gets. (hint, hint)
happy.gif

Mike: As far as the pictures go, I think you might be able to make them just a bit bigger. When I drop them into the freeware VuePrint as recommended by Kraig, I come up with images which are 448Wx336H at 24 bits which, when saved to my hard drive, take up about 50 KB of space. The limits allowed by the Forum are 800Wx600H in less than 100 KB of space. Since the photo is 24 bit "dense" when you save it at 800x600, the file is too big.

You can do one of two things: increase the size of your existing image until the file approaches 100 KB (I would stop at 95 KB or less, Charlie sometimes has a problem with images that load "at the limit" so-to-speak); or you can take pictures at a lower resolution; which is what I do. I typically snap shots at "VGA" or "TV" resolution (640Wx480H) for posting on the Forum, they frequently load without resizing or cropping.

Like many others, I have trouble getting full size, high resolution shots resized for the Forum; often resizing doesn't get the file small enough, and cropping doesn't help all that much, but sometimes is effective. The only downside to the low resolution option is that there is no detail to blow up later if you need it (or Kraig asks for it.
happy.gif
)

It looks like you're well on your way, though, so I'll just stay tuned to further "developments" (pun intended).

So while I consider J.C.'s explanation of attaining larger pictures, I have also been formulating a plan of attack to get this old girl back to work. But I'm torn between a full blown tear down with total restore or a (more likely) disassemble and replace worn parts. Part of my problem is that I have zero time on this one. I rolled it off the trailer, jumped it to get it started and found it ran rough and smokey.. I readjusted the carb and it cleaned up and ran good so I parked it to wait for a time when I could get to it.

So some of the things I know need "doing" like replacing all the fluids.. and 1 topic I know I want to do is remove the balance gears and install Mr. Kirks rebalance kit and probably his ignition kit.

I also acquired the hydraulic lift setup so of course that'll get installed. And I also want to give the wiring a good once over and the driveshaft too. I always like Don Tanners U-Joint approach.

I was rummaging around my pile o' parts and pieces and found an old weight box that bolts onto the rear of the transaxle. Since this tractor has the external brakes I cannot run a wheel weight inside like I do with the 73.

So I thought I might use the weight box as well as an external wheel weight. Have any of you guys ever bolted on one of these? I've never seen it bolted on!

If I were you I'd use the QL/82 series-style driveshaft with 2 rubber discs on each end. If I remember right, there was a guy on one of the other forums that put U-joints on a tractor with a single-cylinder engine and they didn't last particularly long. The rubber flex discs will last a LONG time given the chance. The weak point in the 1x9 and prior driveshaft is that pin-in-slot coupler at the front.

Latest posts

Back