• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...but I prefer yellow wheel weights. The change in color from yellow to white (judging by brochures) appears to have occured sometime during the 72, 1x4/5 series or the 73, 1x6/7 series.

...or <font color="ff6000">Orange</font>
21887.jpg

Denny,

Yup, the new machines are true monsters!!!!!

Corn made 188 bu./acre (dry #2 corn over the scale).......VERY good yeilds for this farm (east of the PD site about 10 miles and not as heavy soil).

Beans are being cut as we speak...they look good too!!!!! Just need some mid Oct. rian to soften things up a bit and we'll be plowin'

Ken U.

PD field isn't bad, the one 1/2 mile north is probably worse (is was IN the tornado, not just beside it).

Dave P., I tried to respond to your email but it would not go through. Do these photos help?
21889.jpg

21890.jpg

21891.jpg

ART, KRAIG - Yep.... I-94....I honked when I went past your exit Kraig on I-94 Tuesday night about 7 PM.... and again yesterday about 5 PM.....6-8 hour day with a 285 mile commute can get rather taxing.....ART - I know how those Deere guys are......I've had one in My shop before and We could just talk for hours & hours & hours... ;-) I may have some trips coming up again later this fall/winter and maybe I'll have more time to plan than this time around.... But with $2.099 diesel fuel I might have to borrow the Wife's car.....I just kept drafting semi after semi... after semi....That would make a fill-up of Dunham's 782D cost $8.40... and one for My truck over $80.... if it was really empty....

Denny-
If you honked at Kraig's Exit, then you likely were less than a mile from my house at that point.

Hello Cub Cadet owners! I’m a new owner of an old 122 Cub and have done several small repairs since getting her in May. She still has sloppy steering (better since new tie rod ends), but I’m working on that. Recently the teaser spring broke (clutch shaft) and an extensive disassemble was undertaken to replace. Anyway, the gears still grind a bit when shifting. I thought the new teaser would take care of that. Does it sound like more adjustment is needed to the clutch or maybe more extensive tranny work needed. I don’t mind doing repairs, but I need a break for a while you know…Any advice?? Dave Plogman, Marcellus, NY

David, I'm certainly no gear drive expert, but I'll take a stab at it, did you check the condition of the "Release bearing" (AKA Throwout bearing?) see drawing below? Also have you adjusted the clutch/brake pedal per the manual?
21893.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on September 30, 2004)

Garbage in, or mis-alinement of the "bushing" in the photo can also cause the driveshaft to keep spinning after the clutch is depressed.

Had a shop look at the throwout, said it looked OK, I repacked it with wheel bearing grease and "glued" the ring to the housing with JB Weld to keep the grease in. Center turned smoothly and centered. There wasnt much wiggle room when the engine mated back to the clutch shaft, it went in, and the 3 pins went into the loose clutch ring. It seeded to align alright... But...? Thanks for the reply. By the way, how do I attach a photo? Dave

David, see #20 in the FAQ, click the link (see above) to get to the FAQ.

Did you install the T/O bearing backwards????? Easy mistake to make.

I have read the FAQ's and tried a search for "PTO removal" with not very good resuilts. I remember some one just going over this. Is there a better way to serch the arcives for this information.

The set screws are out and I'm trying to remember how to get the darn casting off.

Tedd -

One way to be sure is to buy us a 200GB hard drive so we can keep years and years of archive material online
wink.gif

But since you're not gonna, we can only keep a few months online, so if the last time "PTO removal" came up was before that, you won't find it.

Tedd,
What I do for the PTO removal is to tap (not beat the s--t out of it) while rotating the PTO slowly so you kinda' "work" it off. Works good for me!

Howdy all,
I recently aquired a CC original and with some help from the folks on the message board got the parts to get it running well. Now it's time to find some tires. I'll probably go with ag tread on the rear, but I would like to find something close to the original tires for the front. Anyone have some suggestions? Thanks much
-Brian Albrecht, Hammond WI

I finally got the 149 up and running. Had to get the crank ground to get rid of the knock. I also found out that a cub is too light in the front end to do much plowing without the front grille casting in place, but it was fun to watch the front end come off the ground when you go to lift the plow. I even talked my wife into getting on it and doing some plowing in the garden. This may be the prerequisit to getting her to go to Steve's next month. Here is a picture of her having some fun.
21896.jpg

Latest posts

Back