• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mthomsen

I am putting a 126 back together and need some pictures from all angles. Does anyone have some that can be forwarded? I took this thing apart but it was a year ago and it would be nice to see some pictures. Also, I bought a new wiring harness and it has some safety cut-out hookups that were not on my tractor but it seems to be correct otherwise. Should I just put jumpers across these?

Thanks,
Mark

I see there is a new topic on the forum. "cool cub cadets" But I cant
seem to get in to view it. Is there something
wrong with the topic? It won't take my password,
but I can post here OK.

(Message edited by tmarkle on September 29, 2004)

Stopped at a small engine place today and saw a 108. I don't know much about these either. I see it's a single cylinder engine, gear drive. I'm interested in getting one of these tractors from that series some time in the future.

Compared to my 782 it seems to have bigger axles and bigger axle casting.

Where these all gear drive? Anyone know if one model is better than the other in that series?

I bought a 149 this spring, the PO had a K321AQS that he said he used in the 149, but it was out of the tractor (he was in the process of a rebuild) and bored .010 over with new piston, the engine was also missing the head oil pan and some sheet metal. PO said he would look for the head and oil pan, but won't return my phone calls (imagine that). So I aquried a head and oil pan from a 12hp K241. I was told the head will fit my K321, I don't know about the oil pan. They both seem to line up ok, but thought I would ask the expert's if I can use them. There is a #235352 stamped on the inside of the cast oil pan, the dipstick mea. 1' 2 1/4" from top of cover (not top of pull loop) to bottom of stick with #47 038 04 stamped near the top of the dipstick under the cover. Forgive the long winded post for such a simple question, but any advise would be helpfull, I'm worried about accurate oil level on dipstick if the oil pan will work-if head is really compatable-and will a K321AQS fit and work in a 149? It does look like he had it in there. I know I know! I am in the process of ordring manuals.
Thanks in advance!!

When I put the K341 in the 582 I had to block up the motor 1-1/2" to get the driveshaft to line up correctly.Also had to put a 1\8" thick washer under the front bolts to keep the clutch plates square.I used a QL iso mount setup the drive shaft is ok but could be maybe 1\4" longer on the front to go farther into the pilot bearing in the motor.I had it plowing in the garden and seemed ok.Plowday will give it a field test.

(Message edited by mmasheris on September 29, 2004)

Art, Can i shoot you my cell number via this forum or is it not allowed???
Mjs

I can only send emails from the auditorium computer i'll be there in 3 periods . Would it be possible to call you from the auditorium if you gave me a number right now. I won't have my cell with me till after school? If not I'll email you between 10:40 and 11:03

Email me the number and I'll call you later, let's not discuss this on the forum anymore. The moderators have bent the rules enough at this point..

<font size="-2">Thanks guys...over and out!</font>

These just in, well, actually I got them earlier this week but I'm just now getting around to posting them. These belong to Lance Peck. Nice Job Lance!

21884.jpg

21885.jpg

Jim S./Todd M. -

It's a super sikrit place, only certain members are allowed for testing purposes. We haven't decided what to do in there quite yet as far as who gets access, etc.

Do you guys test car doors to see if they're unlocked, too?
lol.gif

Decal question -

I suppose this one oughta go into the FAQ, too, but what's the link to the guy that does the various <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> dealer decals?

STEVE B. - Last fall I rode with an RPM Forum frequenter in a 2388 A/F..... WHAT a Monster.... Old Landlord traded a well used green 6620 for a first year green 9500, then the old Neighbor used a green # 55 with 2-row head for a while.... and another neighbor ground away ALL WINTER on 320 acres with a #203 IH... slowly 2 rows at a time. I'm constantly amazed at how much grain a new big combine can harvest in an hour, day, etc. And to think that little company down in Moline My Father-in-Law used to work for actually makes a machine BIGGER than the AFX8010..... AFX is only class 7/8 and the green one is class 8.
Keep this Legal, Made a Scouting trip up to Minneapolis/St. Paul yesterday looking for CC's and Art & Kraig have them all......

Denny, you were up in this neck of the woods and you didn't stop by to say hello! BTW, I know of a few that I don't have, yet...... And I'm pretty sure Art is holding out on a few others..... :eek:)

Denny!!!!!!!!

You were one mile from my house!! <font size="-2">(If you came up I-94..)</font>

Next time you need to let me know. I ended up having to spend the evening with Deere guys, but had I known one of "the brethren" were around....
deadat30.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on September 30, 2004)

Steve, thanks for the combine rundoun.
I know that this has been gone over long ago but what color should wheel weights be on a 149?

Back