• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Don-

Did you put that crusher run (that's what we call it down here along with just ABC) down over sod? That 129 looks like it's ready to grunt. I know now where all of the sunshine has gone. It has rained here off and on for over a week.

Good job!

Don T.

Looks like you are doing a good job. I wonder if that is the same stuff that they call CR6 down here? It is recycled concrete mashings and packs real well.

Dtanner-ref: V-61's

Yes regarding the tubes, bead seating area on the rims was rusty. Grandson (9yrs old)noticed right away that it was easier to steer. I bet the loader bucket did work well for you.

Allen Schumacher
I did watch and pay attention to what was posted here.I know the 129 loader is an awesome tractor. If Charlie would have posted he could have done this work with such a small tractor , I thought he had BS .The 129 has and does do more than I though it ever could.
fence.gif
You can not have more than one and not have a few favorite, I do have a few. My cubs do still surprise me as to what they will do .I had a great day with my Cubs. many thanks to all who made this possible for me!

We call it CR6 here too, Re-Mill asphalt is also a good medium to cover CR6, gettin ready to spread both out with the 1466 mini to make a new parking spot off out driveway, pictures to come, hopefully soon.

Wayne S
Its not raining here because my Nomad is getting some work done to it. I hope this weather we are getting will stay so I can enjoy it some. If not my Cubs will have to fill the void. later Don T

When using the gearbox and tiller (#1) on a 1650 is there a belt guard needed below the oil filter area? I can only find manuals for older cubs with the tiller set-up.

TIA.

Wayne Shytle

Belt gards are only a safety device for CRs people,.The attachment will work, but not safely with out.

Hey guys I just picked up a 782 in pretty good shape. Supposedly has a low hour series II in it. Previous owner said he put the motor in, but never got it to run right. Price was right, so I bought it anyhow. I messed with carb and govenor and was able to get it running kind of sorta. Problem is the motor has a lot of noise coming from top of motor best I can tell. I know its not much to go on guys, I was just wondering if there were any common issues with these motors. Thanks

mike essary

I will get shot for this but if I were you I would dump that carb and install a better one .seems some years had issues.nothing that can~t be fixed.
230959.gif

Don our soil conservation, Agriculture ext. office sells a fabric to go under driveways in soft locations.You just remove the sod,install the fabric, then add about 3 inches crushed stone. Then get a 6 pak and the cub cadet with a lawn roller and enjoy driving your cub. IIRC it is 15 foot wide and less than $2 per linear ft.
I put it under my sons driveway and five years use and it is still very good condition. Going today to look at a one owner 127, garage kept and not been used in several years.

Luther, good luck with the cub!
Just figured Id say good mornin before I head out for the day to go get some college learnin haha. Have a good one all.
beerchug.gif

Wayne, Don T., that is a belt guide not a guard. I believe it is there to prevent the belt from flopping, not to protect the hydro filter or people. It is used on the gear drives as well.

230961.jpg

230962.jpg

Thanks Kraig (and Don)-

I have a belt guard that came with the 147 so I figured it was necessary for hydros as well. I just couldn't find any info on the later model tractors (QLs). What manual did this info come from?

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back