• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent, I'll just sell you my 109, and then you can have a mismatched pair of of mismatched cubs. How's that sound?
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 130
Hi All,

Finally finished resurrecting my "original" CC. Pictures to come later along with some interesting tires that I found.

The engine runs great but the last time it was running leaded gas was the only kind available (California). Is there any concern with unleaded gas and the valves/seats? Not sure what I could do about it anyway but just wondering.

Thanks,

Harry,
I always mix Marvel Mystery Oil with my gas. Check FAQ #20 for more info.

A question for those who know.
Will the rebuilt ccw rotating starters that are sold on E-bay work on a 122?
Mine quite chargeing and the local shop whants $150 to rebuild it.

Lonny B...one of the sponsors here has BRAND NEW Starter gens for about $130. Why even think of using a "re-built"????

Lonny,

FWIW I purchased one of those ebay CCW starters this spring for my 129 and it works great! Seem very well made and fit perfectly. The engine on mine is off an older narrow frame so I can't see why it wouldn't work on your 122. Plus for the $78 plus shipping you can't beat the price compared to rebuilding! BTW, I have no connection with the seller of those starter/generators. I took a chance and was pleasantly surprised.
Bill

Kupdike,
never crossed my mind to check with one of the sponsors, not thinking streaigh I guess.

W-Smith, thats what I was hopeing to hear, that they would work on the narrow frame cubs.

Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks Kenny, I will give the MMO a try. I have some from several years ago. It also works as the red liquid in the old Ford temperature gauges.

Harry

geez Lonny my local rebuilder does them for right around $50.

Hugh,
I wish your rebuilder was closer to me.
Local guy (30 miles east)charegs $150.
Local guy (30 miles west) charges $125
No one in the middle any more. 20 years ago there where shops in every town that rebuilt these straters along with many starters and generators on farm tractors, but atlast as the farmers go so do the shops.

Hugh,

I'd be interested in contacting this local rebuilder of yours. I have a starter generator off a 123 that needs some work. Where is this person located in MN?

Thanks,
BR

S/G rebuilds -

What you pay also depends on what the guy does.

Will he just replace a bushing-style comm end cap with the same type of cap, or will he replace it with a ball bearing cap? Will he use plain old bearings or high quality electric motor bearings? Etc, etc.

Remember, the bushing was a cheapening of the design. All it does is promote chewing up of the end cap, shaft and other innards everytime you tighten the belt...

Sometimes you DO actually pay for what you get
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 124
Here is a cool picture that Keith Burnham drew in 1963 which resulted in the basic styling for the 70 and 100.
31012.jpg

Attachments

• 31012.jpg
    31012.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 31012.jpg
    31012.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 126
Cripes, WTH have we been???

Anybody want to meet at Iron Skillet again on the way to PD10? Ted and Mike M, I know you will! See ya there.

I figure this post will likely be quickly archived (just like my first one), but anyway...

I've searched and can't find the correct color white to paint my IH #2 trailer, and also the 42" deck from my 102. Can somebody help with this please?

Thanks,

Al

Albert M,
Good question.
I painted mine the same color as the hood,Cub Cadet Off-White #759-3264 on both my #2 and #4 so they would match the tractor.
Since my #4 was made in Cleveland, I had no idea what color white it really was and dint want to take the time to really find out.
Same with decks, I like everything to match, right or wrong.

Latest posts

Back