• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank, I believe there are 3 styles of the pedistal on Originals, the half moon access hole, the 2 hole access and no access sounds like you have a hat trick with your collection. I think this is a 14hp with the 16hp air cleaner (I bet Steve B can verify it as I believe it's his CC)

30963.jpg

30964.jpg

30965.jpg

Attachments

• 30965.jpg
    30965.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 30964.jpg
    30964.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 30963.jpg
    30963.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 30963.jpg
    30963.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 30964.jpg
    30964.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 30965.jpg
    30965.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 144
LONNIE B. - Don't forget Travis farms in His spare time too. (Yeah.. WHAT spare time?!?!)
STEVE B. - Your Heider wagon looks in REAL good shape. Been kept inside all it's life I bet! I've been looking for something bigger in the cart/wagon line and something like that is just about what I want... especially the hoist! Wife & I have some landscaping plans We want to do sometime soon and I really don't want Quad-axle dumps on My concrete driveway. I could haul a couple ton of landscape rock from the gravel co. 8-10 miles from home whenever I want with something like that! And dirt from where ever I can get it for free.

Kraig,

That isn't a true 169 set up. It is a standard 14hp backing plate with a KT-17 high dome cover to allow the use of the larger K-341/Kt-17/M18 filter. (I added the two holes to make it look like the 169 cover and boost the flow thru the cover). Factory 169 set-ups had a special gasket that sealed the cover at the backing plate and the only air that was allowed in was thru the 2 holes.

Way back when the Rev. had some detailed shots of the AC on his then recently purchased 169, I'n sure they are in your archives somewhere.

Steve, thanks for the info on the air filters. I can't find any pictures of 169s with the air filter cover off, I've found several with the cover on but they don't show what Frank is looking for. :eek:(

Kraig, You forgot the custom pedistols. The one on my loader CCO has a very rough half round cut to let someone into the ajustment nut. I hope he burned himself!!!!!He got the gearbox a bit warm but no real damage.

I really hate to bring this up, and everyone understands your frustrations,,,,,, BUT!

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/Rules.htm

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

If you have an issue with a sponsor or other vendor, DO NOT post it on this site. This is a matter between said vendor and YOU, not us. YOU need to resolve it yourself. Also, do not expect us to arbitrate your issues for you, either.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>}

Hope this is the right place to post this.. I'm new here.
happy.gif

I'm about to rebuild the engine off my 1250. I just discovered that you can download the service manuals. That should provide me with hours of reading pleasure this evening. I notice that they have a number of special tools listed in the manual. My question is how many of these (if any) are absolutly required to tear down and reassemble the engine?

Thanks,
BR

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 119
Finally got my sleeve hitch mounted onto the 125 and tested it, although not with a plow:
30972.jpg

And, after replacing a few parts in the hydro linkage (including those tie rod ends, @ $11 a piece, times two, OUCH!!) it works very nicely and seems like new.

Attachments

• 30972.jpg
    30972.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 30972.jpg
    30972.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 125
Found a CC bagger model "292" with fan assist. The fan assist appears to be belt driven. Is any one familiar with what deck this will fit? How is this thing driven? a pulley change on the deck to add a third pulley?

Kraig.
Thanks for the pics. Also, thanks for the verification of the pedestal holes. Your right...I do have a hat trick...

Steve. Is the back plate flat at the edges..no lip? If you can't post a pic, mayde you can e-mail me one...

Saw a 169 last week at the Cub-A-Rama but did not get to talk to the owner and see if he would show me the setup.

Chuck,

The model 292 fan-assist bagger is for a model 301 48" deck which is found on the 2000 series MTD Cub Cadets. I am not very familiar with how the fan assist works, but the only part breakdown of the blower isn't very helpful, but here ya go. Hope this helps.
30977.gif

Attachments

• 30977.gif
    30977.gif
    57.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 30977.gif
    30977.gif
    57.7 KB · Views: 123
Bryan,

Didn't know the bottom lift link was different either was just told the upper links make the difference. Humm.... Guess I'll have to buy one of those books!

BRENT R. - The K-series Kohlers are really easy to work on with just the normal selection of hand tools most of Us have. Most of the "Special Tools" listed are for installing oil seals which can be easily done with a small hammer & block of wood like a 2X4. You will need some sort of puller for the flywheel but once you see it that is easy to figure out and/or make. Things like valve guide installation is best left to the machine shop You have do the boring & honing and valve grinding. The guides have to be reamed after installation. Depending on how elaborate You go on the rebuild You should be able to do a complete rebuild for between $300 and $400 including parts & labor. That includes grinding the crankshaft, new piston/rings, wrist pin & keepers, new connecting rod, maybe a new exh. valve, all gaskets. Your 1250 probably has the two counter-rotating balance weights inside the crankcase. those are best left in the "Spare Parts Box" for future use as paper weights. Also clean & rebuild the carb. and install new points, condensor & spark plug and air filter. I checked last night and the first K-241 (10 hp) Kohler I rebuilt about 20 yrs ago has over 1300 operating hours on it and is still running very well. It had been over-heated VERY bad and warped the head but a light hone of the bore, new rings & rod, valve grind, plane the head and it's been a gutsy little engine ever since.

Heres a question for everyone. Has anyone ever heard of galaxy tires??? I have the option of getting the tru powers or these galaxies, any comments appreciated.

Matt,
Go with the tru powers, they have a better looking tread pattern IMHO!
Galaxy makes a good tire for trenchers though,
30980.jpg

Attachments

• 30980.jpg
    30980.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 30980.jpg
    30980.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 116
I just acquired a No 2 rear mounted tiller that I'm installing on a 149. I don't have an operators manual for the tiller. I think I should check the oil in the right angle gear box and in the chain drive housing on the tiller before operating. I can't find a level plug anywhere so how does one check the oil in the right angle gearbox and the drive housing? What oil should one use in the angle gear box and drive housing and how much?

Ron S. -

You could have an owners manual if you talked to one of our sponsors above, so that's no excuse...
wink.gif

That said, there's no fill plug on the gearbox because - there's no oil in it. There's grease. However, some folks run half grease half oil, others use all gear oil and still others just clean it out and repack it with some grease (and even install a grease fitting on the cover).

As far as the chain box, I've never had mine open. I'd suspect it just has some lubricant on the chain itself of some sort. The bearings are sealed and thus don't take grease, so you'll have to replace the bearings. I would recommend against using a grease needle on them...

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 121
I took the hubcaps off my newly purchased 149 today and discovered a set of red wheel weights. I could not find an IH mark on them. What is the difference between the red weights and the yellow ones.Thanks

David G. -

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet rear wheel weights started out as front wheel weights for Farmall Cubs.

David G,
Other than the obvious color? grin

Under the hubcaps? I kinda doubt those are gonna be IH made unless someone knows somethin I don't on subject.
Pics would be nice.
It's kinda like sayin, HEY! I just bought a Cub and I want to know what it is. Kinda hard without pics.
worthless.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 112

Latest posts

Back