• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin D.

Thanks for the info on the 292 bagger. Is there an online install manual for that somewhere. Do you think it could be adapted to a 44" deck on a 149. My guess is that powering the fan assist may well be the problem.

Chuck,

There is no manual that I know of available on the internet. Adapting it to a 149, hey why not, thats what I say. There isn't any real reasons it couldn't I guess. Go for it
thumbsup.gif
. I am not sure how the fan assist works, but that would be the biggest problem is powering it. Good luck.

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 122
Kevin D.
I just may try. I found a picture of a 2182 with a 60" deck and there looks to be a lot of similarity to the older decks, mule drive and mounting set up.

Anyone
Does anyone have pictures of a 48" 2000 series deck? (Mounted and unmounted hopefully but any pics will be helpful). I want to compare it "roughly" to a 44" deck on a 149 before embarking on a rear bagger adaptation project. Here I found a picture of a 2182 with a 60" deck. The mule drive and deck mounting look a lot like the older IH CC's. Are they pretty much the same? Are the decks interchangeable; older/newer or newer/older.

(Message edited by cjackson on September 28, 2005)

Geez- not this again. I would really, really enjoy meeting you Jeff. Why do you come on this board once a month and TRY AND TRADE YOUR CUB CADET!!!

We have gone over the rules a bunch of times, why does this continue? I really would like to know. I do realize that I have goofed on a couple minor things on the website myself, I am not perfect, as a matter of fact by posting this I am sort of breaking a rule. They tell me once and I listen to what they say. I also realize that I am not able to be a paying member right now, between getting ready for college and gas the piggy bank is broke. I do not go and post crap in the main forum trying to trade and barter.geez

explotar2jr.gif

To keep this on topic- the gator project is coming along nicely. I have a 45 min shop class at school that I work on it in. I works out really well being able to use the schools welders, torches, and metal. Sorry to be so outright rude, I really am a very nice person, but for ever reason some things just bug me.

(Message edited by tturner on September 28, 2005)

Attachments

• explotar2jr.gif
    explotar2jr.gif
    22 KB · Views: 119
Just read Charlie's post: "It's kinda like sayin, HEY! I just bought a Cub and I want to know what it is. Kinda hard without pics. "

So, I just bought a cub and I am wondering what it is.
happy.gif
Seriously, I am a little confused. Is it a 1250 or 1200?

On one side it says 1200..
30990.jpg

On the other it says 1250..
30991.jpg

When I tell all my friends about my new Cub Cadet should I call it a 1200 or 1250?

Thanks,
BR

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
  • 30990.jpg
    30990.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 30991.jpg
    30991.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 30990.jpg
    30990.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 30991.jpg
    30991.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 131
According to it being a hydrostatic drive it is a 1250...possibly. If they put a 14 or 16 hp motor in it then the model number would be different yet.1250-12 horse hydro,1450 14 horse hydro,1650 16 horse hydro.

David D. -

Posts regarding MTD/CCC tractors belong in the MTD/CCC topic.

David G/Charlie -

Could be Simplicity weights? Darker orange, maybe confused with red, very flat and no markings - might fit under a hubcap...

Brent R:

This is simple. The 1200 has a Gear Drive Transmission. The 1250 has a Hydro Transmission.

I have a friend/neighbor that is restoring a 122.
We (or he) has a small issue. He would like to know about two parts. I have looked in my TC-113 and my Kohler K-301 Parts Manuals, also on the Kohler Web site and could not find these parts. What he is looking for is: (A) The wire (if available) that goes from the Points to the Coil, and (B) the rubber gromment, that goes in the slot of the points cover to insulate the wires going through.

I realize the wire could and can be made up. He is looking for the "correctness" for this wire if possible.

Any input or information will be appreciated.

TIA,

Brent R,
OMG! You have one of those RARE 1225's!
bouncy.gif

In the 1200 pic I see the little cover installed in the fenders where the gear shift would come out if it was a 1200, so you really have a 1250.

Attachments

• bouncy.gif
    bouncy.gif
    2 KB · Views: 128
Roland -

Is that a newer reprint of the TC-113? Cuz I'm pretty sure both parts are listed in mine...

I've always wanted to use this pic...
wink.gif

30993.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 124
  • 30993.gif
    30993.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 30993.gif
    30993.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 129
I have a 109 similar to that. On one side it says 109, and on the other it says 108. Someone must have been hung over the day that tractor rolled off the line.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 135
Bryan,

Maybe our tractors with mismatched model numbers are worth more because of their flaws? It works for baseball cards why not cub cadets?
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 120
Has anyone used the Chevy points conversion kit for a K series Kohler? Will it fit in the close quarters of a wide frame with out modifications?

Ken W:

Thanks for the information.

BTW - Found the wire number A-231839-S

Roland, I found a # A-237418-S for Lead-Breaker Points. Wonder if it is the same? Kenny

Latest posts

Back