• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 20, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Paul,
I want the one in the back!!!
drool.gif

Ken Fried Chicken Man

If I had to vote honest I would vote for the Diesel. Just because they will do it all and cost less for fuel usage.
230621.jpg

Don T
I've been keeping it in a dark shed so it wouldn't scare anybody. I would put a cover over it, but it would prolly blow off going down the road a land on someone's windshield......
icon_rolleyes.gif
eek.gif

Marty,
If your your pockets are deep enough, that could be arranged?
lol.gif

Whats everyone think of their 26x12-12 AG's vs 23x8/10.50-12? Been thinkin alot about someday puttin the 26" Tru Powers on the 1466 mini and filling them (have to see how I like it with the big fronts first)

Glen M. Coleman
Since I have tru powers on my 1512 diesel and super lug on the 129 loader . I think I got it right. The tru powers are soft and I would tear them up on my 129 loader.Just because running the loader there is so much to do with only two hands .Ken tuck did proise me foot control hydro and I`am still waiting for him to find time to get her all done ( he will).The super lugs have worked great on my loader because they are a hard compund and don`t tear up so easy spinning. My loader will dig a hole real fast lol. Tru powers are geat for weight and pulling and not spinning and tearing up my grass. They are a soft coumpound tire and I do like them for a lot of Cub duites. I have pulled a plow and 3 disk with 300 lbs and they were great for that.I think this post will get
sorry.gif
facepalm.gif

Glen M. Coleman

Here is the Super lugs on my 129 loader.

230625.jpg

But for some Cub jobs I like these. they are softer rubber and give great traction.

230626.jpg

This is all KenTucks fault.
1a_violin.gif

I have a QA 42 snow blower and I am replacing some parts to be ready for the white stuff. I am looking for the roller chain sprocket that is on the power shaft. CC states no longer available. Has anyone found a place that might handle a sprocket like this? I thought this would be fairly standard but to my surprise, there is no such thing.
Thanks for any suggestions
Earl L

Mike p, I would definitely replace everything that is even slightly worn, my 62 original has/had a perfect paint job, but the guy that restored it didn't fix any of the problems so now I am fixing all of them and it is nearly impossible not to scratch the paint. I will not restore my 122 untill I rebuild everything.

Earl-

When I needed one of those (I'm assuming you're talking about the one that's not on the auger) I bought a similar sized sprocket from Motion Industries and had a friend of my Dad's bore the inside to the correct diameter with his lathe. It was only about $8 or so for the actual sprocket, although that was probably 5 years ago now.

Earl,

Charlie can fix you up. Check his handy website at the top of the page and look under Implement Parts.

Paul,
My pockets would have to be extra deep, cause it's around 500 miles(8 hours)from my house to you!
Shift.gif
My pockets are deep, but it's because they have holes in them!
err.gif

Located a model 123 not too far away. Differential cover looks different from other models I've been seeing pictures of, or am I just getting models confused. I think the 123 is the first Hydro tranny, right?

Thanks for tolerating my n00bie questions!

John

230637.jpg

John: Nothing looks different to me - except it's awfully clean. Yes, 123 = introduction of the hydro. More pics?
happy.gif

Donald, thank you for the input! Ive been very happy with my tru powers, but Im really starting to like the oversize tire look Ive seen on a few green machines (dont shoot me yet, good lookin tractor is like a pretty woman, she just is haha) and Im thinkin if I can get super creative, I can run filled 26's out back, 18 V61's up front eventually on NF spindles to lift the front up some more to compensate (I like the nose up stance). Charlie, would you be so kind as to send me some pics of your QL with the 26's on it? How have yours treated you?

Agreed, very clean 123 John!
thumbsup_old.gif

Glen M. Coleman

yep I like some off brands also.I had a 1660 B with 16 hp foot control hydro. But nose up stance will kill the pulling power of the tractor. Its real hard to steer when the wheels are off the ground. They do look bigger and i think they look good . Fall will soon be here and I have to order some more parts from Charlie and get back into my 125 and 450 snow blower.so much to do and so little time
1a_scratchhead.gif

Donald, guess Ill have to run dual brake pedals and steer with my feet next time I do holeshots in the yard and dad isnt lookin!
biggrin.gif

DonT - Nose up kills pulling power ?
Not changing the weight of , or gear ratio or hp how you figure that ?

Are you of the mind set that raising the rear of a car up saves gas because it's always going down hill ??

Ya know if I didn't like my 26x12x12s so good I could go for some Tru Powers ... but I like mine and they're paid for !
biggrin.gif

Charlie - How's that four wheel drive workin' out for ya ?

Everytime I see that TAP handle it reminds me of the girl I dated when I was 15 in J-town. Her parents had a pizza parlor and when I'd catch everybody's back turned I'd stick my mouth under the tap and PULL and try to drain it !

Got em Charlie, thank you!I think theyll look great with my flat top fenders, I like how much taller the lugs are on the sidewalls too.
beerchug.gif

Also curious, how does the electric PTO that the SGT's came with work? i think its an electric clutch similar to the front PTO but wheres it get its power from? The tailshaft off the hydro pump? What RPMS does it turn? Just curious, got so many wants for the cub its nuts.

Latest posts

Back