• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don.

On some of the cubs the wire harness runs along the frame rail on the right side ( as seen sitting on the seat) up to the voltage regulator.

This might exsplain the extra foot of lenght of the wire harness

What part would make the drive shaft on a nf gear drive not want to stop spinning? The pressure plate comes fully off of the friction disc but the shaft won't stop spinning
bash.gif
. I even tried blaster on the bushing that the shaft rides in to no avail!!!!!!! Can anyone help?????? Please!!

thanks Lonny I kinda figured that but with this monster 14hp in the narrow frame I don't see any room to go past the engine, she is a tight fit down there. I guess if I undid the engine I may be able to get it through there but will I ever get that bolt above the axel back into the block again lol

Don.

Getting the bolt above the axle back in is no problem if you own a floor jack.
Just put the floor jack under the other side of the axle that you are working on and lift the axle until the tire on the side you need to put the bolt back in is just comming off the ground.
Plenty of room to get the bolt back in doing it this way.

Henri.

The brass bushing is more than likely binding and no amount of PB Blaster will help.
What you need to do is re-alind the motor with the shaft.
Loosen the 4 motor mount bolts, slitely twist motor one way, rotate motor by hand to see if drive shaft turns, if it does, you need to adjust the motor one way or the other until the shaft does not turn.

NOW if the bushing is all buggered up you will need to replace it with a new one. You should be able to get the bushing from your local Cub Cadet or Case/IH dealer.

Hello
Well I think I fixed the charging system on my 782. I ran some tests with the multimeter and the stator read 24 volts ac and so I was lucky I had a new rectifier-regulator on hand and replaced it. I noticed the ammeter was actually working and when the pto & lights were on the needle pointed over towards D and when the pto & lights were off the needle came back to the center.When I turned off the engine and the battery read 12.4 volts.With the amount of grass I'm cutting this summer I would have to charge the battery after every other use.
buttrock.gif
ihrotate.gif

Lonny, Thanx, I can get it to turn freely by hand but when the motor is running it comes to the same problem is that a bushing or is it a bearing?

Henri.

That is a brass bushing.( where the drive shaft enters the 3 pin drive plate)
I had the same problem with a couple of my narrow frame tractors and solved the problem with new bushings and proper alinement.

... and don't put any grease in it as that'll collect grit and make it hang again .............

Hey guys, I have done some more poking around on my 128, and have some Qs. I noticed alot of freeplay in the clutch pedal and attemped to adjust the clutch, but I found that the slot where the clutch adjusting rod and nut meet is elongated causing the rod to slide up when the pedal is depressed. Has anyone ran into this problem and is there a good fix for this? Second, my 128 came with headlights, but I have seen my friends cub's a 109 and a 129 and neither have headlights. Were headlights an option or model specific?

Henri.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the 3 anti rattle springs, they can cause the clutch to hang up, I removed the springs from my tractors to elimanate this.
They can put just enough presure on the clutch to cause it to contuinue to spin.

Todd - Hit the FAQ and then the second FAQ link from there ... Brake and Hydro adjustment steps are there.

Todd.

Head lights where/are an option on these older cubs.
The clutch lever sounds like it will have to be welded or replaced depending on how bad it is worn.

Well I have to get back to work, will check back in when time permits.

Thanks guys, I learn something new about cubs everyday! I forgot a question I had regarding cyl heads. Is there a way to tell if my K301A has a regular head, LP head or head with the plug over the exhaust valve without removing the head? Removing the head is not much of a chore but I am just curious if I should happen across a Kholer in need of a good home with a desirable cyl head

Todd - I think Charlie has a pic of an LP head on that second FAQ page ... do some lookin around on there and you'll see lots of info worth reading

Thanks again, I have read the FAQ's page, but I guess I will actually have to READ it! Patience a concept sometimes lost with me, more times than not! Thanks to all of you with your patience with me and my Q's that can be answered with some simple research.

Art, I have a steering wheel from a 982 on my Quietline 1000. It is larger around the outside but the same size on the inside... HUH???

Yeah, it fits right on

Charlie-
I knew that head looked familiar in the FAQ!
thumbsup.gif

It's sitting on my workbench!

Latest posts

Back