• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James C:

Here is a Wiring Schematic that I drew up for the Q/L's. Maybe this will help you trace down your problem:

41233.jpg

I tried to bypass the switch and got the click one way and all the other combinations did nothing. I took a continuity tester to the switch and I'll have to get the schematic out to see if the circut is working. I don't know if loosening the pto would help because the engine will turn over with jumper cables on the starter and ground.

James C:

I put the wiring harness back on and connected the wires from the charge meter and turned on the pto and actually heard it click turned it off and still nothing. I put the wires back on the meter and it did nothing.

This indicates, with the wires from the Ammeter either jumped out or tied together....you have power. As I read this by untying or removing the jumper, you have NOTHING....BAD Ammeter.

Now, jumper that Ammeter. In order for the motor to start or roll over, the PTO Switch has to be off, and you have to depress the brake pedal to engage the Safety Switch, then the motor will roll over when you turn the Ignition (or Key) Switch. This of course, is assuming, that all wires, connections, and devices are in good condition and proper working order and connected as indicated by the Wiring Schematic.

Steve T. Our law is so rough and bumpy. It sure could use something. I used to haave a nice roller only I gave that to a neighbor when the ex-girlfriend and I split up and she got the 105. Hopefully this winter I can find some things to do lawn work at auctions. I also have to get more garage space. Right now everything is sitting on the floor until I get some shelves made or find a small shed someplace... or both.

James C. - Could it be the battery? Mine sat for 2+ years with a relatively new battery and even though I had charged it up and the lights came on nice and bright, I would get a clicking sound when trying to start it. After posting said malady on this forum, I bought a new battery and it started up right now!
buttrock.gif

I knew that the ammeter was shot the battery is brand new I just bought it 3 weeks ago for my 104. The brake safety switch was bypassed before I bought it (in 10000 pieces) rebuilt the motor from exploded diagram and have corrected many many rigged mechanisms ( front & reverse was where the creeper stick would be on a gear drive, went a lot faster than 8 mph so the brake bypass may be coming back to haunt me

John L.
Per your request here are a couple pics of the SGT rims on my 682.The center to center distance between the tires is 32 3/4" compared to about 27 3/4" on my 149 and 1650s.I think I am going to like this setup.
41247.jpg
41248.jpg

Need help & advice.
I have a model 107 with striped out sparkplug hole on the k241. I have a disassembled K161 (broke piston rod) Will the K161 head fit the K241? If not what is the common fix for a stripped out sparkplug hole..helicoil?

Ed H.
You can buy a complete Helicoil kit from Carquest Auto Parts. It should include the tap,helicoils, inserter and some kits even have the correct drill. I can find out the kit # if you need it. I believe its a 14 MM If I am wrong someone will correct me. If you have never installed a helicoil it wouldn't hurt to do one on a scrap chunk of aluminum first.

Latest posts

Back