• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ice on the truck windshield this mornig when I went to work. Dang it is too early to think about that kind of stuff. We just got moved and I haven't had time to rearrange the garage yet. Angel's been under the weather the past couple of days and no matter what we are looking for we seem to find everything but what we are looking for. Somehow some of my Cub parts got in the house. (At least they didn't get pitched.)

I was in your neck of the woods the other day Marlin. Got the truck a bit muddy while working with the seed corn picking crew.

I just bought and put together a leaf sweeper for behind the 782. The conditions here were perfect for using the lawn aerator. It makes the lawn ugly for a while, but boy does it pay. It is also nice to put the old girl to work pulling something.

Hi this may be a dumb question , if the charge indicator or the hour meter on a 1250 stops working would it cause the ignition system to stop working?

Could I run the wire around the 2 prongs on back or is that what you meant?

Thanks for the help this cub has been down for 2.5 years and I've replaced everythig else.

That will not be an problem I removed the wiring harness to check the wires and all looks good . Thankyou!

James C:

Here is a Diagram of an Ammeter. As you can see, there is a Resistor accross the two terminals. If that resistor was to burn out, then there will be no current or voltage flowing through the meter. As previously stated, simply tying the two wires together or jumpering accross the two terminals, will allow a bypass and allow the motor to start and function. If removing the jumper wire, the motor stalls, then your Ammeter is BAD.

41225.jpg

Been meaning to post fer about two weeks now but been side tracked turning a wrench or two or three. Ain’t been playin with the cubs much here lately but maybe here ina bit I will if all goes as planned!!! I will be playin again but I have been to busy playing with cars the past couple of years. I am getting to the point I year to hear the clang clang clang of an old PTO clutch as the tractor idles around, it has been wayyyyy toooooooooo long! What chall been doin anyway?

Hey Mac!
Glad to see ya finally made it back.

Would you please email me or Bryan, we need to get your ihcubcadet.com email fixed back up since the move.

Boah it looks like someone is doing a great job updating those schematic these days. That is a boat load better than what I used to do.

Mac, that would be Roland Bedell, he updated and colorized a bunch of them.

Thanks Roland and Charlie I put the wiring harness back on and connected the wires from the charge meter and turned on the pto and actually heard it click turned it off and still nothing. I put the wires back on the meter and it did nothing. I did lots of sanding on the battery ground and replaced the coil, starter, voltage regulator magnetic switch, gapped the points, new starter switch,and new pto switch and even the fuse holder(over the last 2 years) and I can't remember anything else.I'm happy just to hear the pto click.

Could the new pto swich be bad? and is it a standard pto switch or only to that model?

Latest posts

Back