• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Jeff B.
The auger could be the culprit, or the driveshaft or the gear box. Fire it up at an idle with the foot brake on and see if you can find it.

what happens if u get the gear box too full and i got a little peice of metal welded on to the auger but could that have thrown the auger off balance?

Michael R.

A 71 will do the job for ya, especially if it has a replacement 8 horse motor, i wouldn't worry about it, I plow with my CCO with original 7 horse and it will pull a 8" plow about 4-5" deep in some soils no problem. You probably won't go real fast as you can see the little backup behind me in the picture but, just think of it as you will get more seat time.

41209.jpg

I see Denny T. and his diesel, grinnin in the background, John L. with his 25 horse 317 Special and then there's Wes! Well, you know!
biggrin.gif

Jeff B.
I doubt the gearbox being over filled would be a problem other than oozing out some grease when things get a little warm.
Tha welded piece on the auger is not a good thing unless you have one welded on the other side to match it. A balanced system is always best.
You might want to check the chain sprockets too, they are known to wear out as well as the chain idler assembly on the outside of the thrower.

Charlie,
At that point of the day I was glad that Original was in front. It was the only way the 1650 with the slipping hydro would keep up with those 2. I will say it looked impressive running with the hydro lever all the way forward. The only problem was that it was going slower and slower as she got warm. That has been fixed with a different hydro unit. Now she moves but I have not been able to go full hydro anywhere. I can close in some of Travis's sand but I was flying when I tried.

new bearings,sprocket, and chain so my guess is ill have to add another piece of metal to the opposite side to fix it
bash.gif

I try to make sure that if I am plowing with the original that I'm not too close to any of those guys with the hydros, cuase they sure do come up fast and then they gotta slow way down. My favorite right now for plowing is my 1650, it sure does have some good power to it, and like wes said, at travis's i sure was cookin down some of those rows. Should plow a lot nicer now that its got new iso's, ragjoints, and sidepanels
41214.jpg

Tom we understand your frustration BUT!

<font color="ff0000">If you have an issue with a sponsor or other vendor, DO NOT post it on this site. This is a matter between said vendor and YOU, not us. YOU need to resolve it yourself. Also, do not expect us to arbitrate your issues for you

CLICK HERE to view the forum rules</font>

Thanks kevin, Now that I know it will handle it I just need to find a hitch and plow for it. Thanks.
cool.gif

Charlie, no frost last night, it only got down to 37°F. No pumpkins either, the deer like to eat them so I quit growing them years ago.

Is our regulator for cub cadets a Delco 1118988? Does anyone have the cross reference to the delco number if this is not it?

Jon

Jon,
That number is for Briggs but can be used if need be for Kohlers.
The Kohler number if I remember right is 1118981 & 1118999 for the 70 & 100's.

I'm sure someone will know for sure though.

I wonder what the differences are between the three model numbers.

J

Jon L. My service manual says a 1118987 will fit on a 73, 106+107, 126+127, 147. Other guys with more experence may have further info.

Jon L:

Here is a Diagram and breakdown on the Mechanical Voltage Regulators for Cubs:

41219.jpg

I have a 4 pole V/R like the one in the last photo only the ( G ) treminal is a ground.
If I had a photo of it I would post it, but the V/R is at home on the 72 and I am here at work.

I know it is a ground cause there is a heavy wire leading from it to the portion ot the V/R that gets bolted to the tractor.

I am not saying that the photo posted is wrong, just saying make shure the (G) terminal is for the gen and not ground.

Latest posts

Back