• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 18, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, you must be thinking of the pictures of Big Steve's 100.

41169.jpg

41170.jpg

My 782 with 42" blower handles the wet, heavy snow we get in Port Huron, Michigan just fine. Our snowfalls tend to be sloppier than some other areas because the temps around here do not dip that low. I think Lake Huron kinda moderates the temperatures and we do not often get real powdery stuff. My 782's motor is a bit tired (old Series I with 600 hours) but it'll still hog that stuff out of the driveway with little trouble. The only problem - and it's a consistent one - is the real wet stuff clogs the discharge chute and it'll choke before I can pull back on the gofast lever.

I was waiting for this moment.
happy.gif

Craig, there is a solution to the chute plugging issues you are having, it is called "Slip-Plate" or graphite paint (Slip-Plate is one brand). Clean up any rust on the inside of the discharge chute give it a good coat of fresh paint then top that with two coats of brushed on graphite paint. Be sure to coat the area where the discharge chute rotates and the retainer clips as the graphite will help prevent that from freezing up and make it rotate smoother too. I also coat the inside of the auger housing. In the unlikley event that your discharge chute does clog simply raise the snowthrower up and drop it as fast as you can the bump will clear the chute.
happy.gif

41181.jpg

41182.jpg

41183.jpg

41184.jpg

41185.jpg

41186.jpg

BTW, I must give credit to Bryan M. for this idea.

This snowthrower discussion is timely as we are expecting our first frost tonight. It'll take me a couple of hours to bring in all the tender plants and cover the tomato and pepper plants......

I already tilled a big section of the garden, I used the BIG tiller. Off topic tractor but the tiller is the correct brand.
happy.gif

41188.jpg

Charlie, the weather guessers were saying the other night that there might be snow mixed in the rain that were expecting later this week. I better dig the snowthrower out of the shed.

Excellent idea. Your timing is perfect. I had to remove the wire tines from my discharge chute years ago to battle this problem. I mean, sometimes I am literally throwing nothing but slush it's so wet. Also, the drop & bang idea is good - I'll try that, too. Maybe this paint will fix the problem. Anybody know where I can buy this stuff - like TSC maybe??

Craig E -

Any of the "farm 'n' barn" stores would carry it in one form or another. Case dealers carry actual Slip-Plate, as does Grainger.

Kenny, thanks for the confirmation, I thought that was him. Sure hope he gets back on here on a regular basis someday and soon too.

Thanks Kraig,

Those pictures were of some heavy duty drifts we got a few winter's ago. As much as I enjoy my Cub, I'm really not a fan of winter Cub sports. Will take grass mowing any day.

I thought this was kinda neat. I bought some belts the other day and I've seen many different IH tags attached, but nothing like this one.
41199.jpg

41200.jpg

Man!! Be careful of what y'all wish for... I'm still enjoying the fall.... Don't need the white stuff yet...
pop.gif
Gotta go RVing!!

Yeah Charlie...A neat tag. I've seen several similar IH tags but not that one. Got any way to date it?? Since 1971 was the first year of those spring loaded mule drive pulleys, and if the print code is somewhat similar to other documents, I'm thinking that the -1 may = 1st year (or short for '71). The design of the IH on the back would also support that idea. What'cha think??

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron,
Don't have a clue. I do know that dealers like to dump these things and I like to take'um off their hands.
41202.jpg

41203.jpg

The Serial # on my 127 has asterick "*" after it. Can anyone tell me what this means. Thank you

Latest posts

Back